PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of renting points for 1st time but have some questions

beksy
04-23-2014, 06:12 PM
I am thinking of buying into the DVC eventually and thought about renting points for our upcoming stay to see what we think of the experience. I understand about the 4 day towel/trash service and 8 day towel/trash/cleaning on 4th day with 8 nights but was wondering if it is possible to pay extra and get refills on the little bath gel/shampoos that we are left in the bathroom more often? Its 3 women so we can wash the towels but don't really want to pack those (plus we love that brand!). Any other info or tips would be appreciated too (we will be getting the dining plan as well).

So much to think about! At least they are fun decisions! :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-23-2014, 07:39 PM
They do offer what is called "Pay As you Play" and the rates are as follows:

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no additional charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

Toiletries Package, $5 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1 - 1 box

jennsky
04-24-2014, 07:32 PM
So if you are in just a regular studio villa, do you get towel service then? Since you don't have access to your own laundry?

VWL Mom
04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
So if you are in just a regular studio villa, do you get towel service then? Since you don't have access to your own laundry?

If staying on points you will get trash and towel service on day 4. If paying cash you will get housekeeping daily.

MyDisneyworld
04-28-2014, 09:58 AM
We just stayed at BLT and asked just for 2 additional towels because the kids forgot to hang them up and they didn't dry for them to reuse. They ended up bringing the whole towel package but never charged us for it. Guess we got a bonus for that trip. Also on other trips we asked to get an additional shampoo and the same thing happened, they left all the supplies but never charged us. I have also asked mousekeeping when I see them in the hallway if I can just get a shampoo and they always just say go ahead (before I knew there was a charge). Have a great trip.