PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Take It Or Leave It

Buttercup
04-22-2014, 05:47 PM
Thought I would post a couple ideas for TIOLI and see if anyone else has any.

I'm just brainstorming here -- not suggesting that ALL of these are good ideas! HAHA :D:D (and I can't remember if some of these have been done already?)

- Staying off-site
- Camping at Ft Wilderness
- Renting a car/driving to the parks
- Paying for the Photopass pictures/disc
- Tom Sawyers Island
- Mission Space ORANGE version
- Using a fastpass to meet characters
- Using a fastpass to schedule a parade/fireworks spot
- Pin trading, vinylmation, pressed pennies
- Disney Quest
- Pirates Adventure or Sorcerers of the MK
- Taking advantage of Extra Magic Hours

That's all I can think of right now. I have a feeling you've talked about a couple of these already... :confused:

Anyway, that's what I've got. ANYBODY ELSE?!?!

wildernesslady
04-22-2014, 10:03 PM
How about refillable mugs? Especially now that you can use at other resorts during your stay.

Quadstriker
04-23-2014, 05:52 PM
I posted the MK dessert party for fireworks in another thread, but it probably got buried.

I'm very interested in hearing more conversation about places to stay offsite, but I'm fairly certain that podcasters don't do that so... not much to talk about there.

Have they done extra magic in the morning yet? Some people say go to that park and use the extra time. Some say avoid the park that has extra magic and you'll have a better day by beating the crowds. I'd like to hear everyone's take on that.

Remember folks...

You can take it
Or else you can leave it
But if you're gonna leave it
That means you can't take it

RBrooksC
04-30-2014, 12:46 PM
What about hour or 90 minute waits for WDW attractions.

With Toy Story Mania and Soarin' going to the two hour or more mark and the Frozen Meet and Greet going to three to five hours, where is the time where you cut your losses and just don't get in line?

RBrooksC
04-30-2014, 12:56 PM
Have they done extra magic in the morning yet? Some people say go to that park and use the extra time. Some say avoid the park that has extra magic and you'll have a better day by beating the crowds. I'd like to hear everyone's take on that.

We done EMH in the morning. If you are staying on-site and get there RIGHT when EMH open, you can really get a good jump on the more popular attractions. Then about midday when it really gets crowded, go to the hotel for lunch and a dip in the pool and go to another park later. But we always do Park Hopper so I do feel it would be a different opinion if using a single park/single day ticket.

kbean
06-19-2014, 08:13 AM
How about 4 ply toilet paper? Do you splurge for it or risk a finger puncture with 2 ply?

Oh wait.... it has to be disney related.

tinkwest
06-19-2014, 02:10 PM
How about Guided Tours? Has that been done on a Take It or Leave It? I assume that many on the panel have taken a guided tour or at least considered taking one.

disneykidsince1970
06-30-2014, 09:15 AM
trolling the boards and had some ideas...

- movie nights on property (blowup screens, etc.)

- New VIP Tours

- matching family t-shirts in the parks

- chatting it up with hot, sticky, cranky-looking strangers while in standing in line (do you try to spread the magic?)

- staying at the Poly during high construction season

- on property arcades

- IPADS as video cameras during parades

disneykidsince1970
07-05-2014, 10:53 AM
How about get to the know the moderators?

For example...

Who is Faline? What is her Disney Story that led her to become a moderator?

...maybe a good way to make some personal connections in between Anniversary meets or for those of us that are too far away for pubcrawls around Epcot! :secret:

Carolyn :mickey: