PDA

View Full Version : Seven Dwarfs Mine Train- Less than 2 Minutes ride-time!

FutureEnjoyment
04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
WDWMagic reports that there have been actors riding the 7DMT at MK while a crew shoots TV commercials about the new attraction.

That's given those watching a chance to time the ride-length, as train after train runs the tracks.

The verdict: Under 2 minutes of ride-time.

Looks like a lot of fun in those 2 minutes, but considering the likely very, very long wait-time in line for the attraction (most parts of the day) 2 minutes will go by pretty quickly!

Gator
04-22-2014, 05:24 PM
It will be like Toy Story Mania or Ex:Ev when they came out. Long lines for a short ride. However, it's always worth it if the queue is cool and the ride is as awesome as Everest. We'll have to wait and see.

MargaretMessler
04-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Not all that unusual for a rollercoaster or thrill type ride. I'm sure the theming will be amazing and well worth the queue wait.

Polynesian Dweller
04-22-2014, 06:24 PM
WDWMagic reports that there have been actors riding the 7DMT at MK while a crew shoots TV commercials about the new attraction.

That's given those watching a chance to time the ride-length, as train after train runs the tracks.

The verdict: Under 2 minutes of ride-time.

Looks like a lot of fun in those 2 minutes, but considering the likely very, very long wait-time in line for the attraction (most parts of the day) 2 minutes will go by pretty quickly!
The crucial line is your first. They were shooting a commercial. Commercial shoots often operate the ride differently. They could be speeding through the slow parts to get the outside shots they want. The run through the inside portions several times by shooting, backing up and shooting again. Really, we don't know how they did it but typical shoots don't necessarily reflect actual times. We'll probably have to wait for actual runs with guests.

That said, BTMRR is about 2:35 so somewhere around 2 to 2:30 is a likely time.

Altair
04-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Sorry, but I've lost interest in this thing. :(

epceddie
04-22-2014, 08:36 PM
I agree with you Altair. I'm hoping that EVERYBODY runs to this ride and leaves the rest of the park to those of us who don't want to waste time in a huge line for an incredibly short ride. I've already been there and done that with the old Barnstormer in Toontown (when my nephews were little) and I swore to myself I would never do anything like that again.

FutureEnjoyment
04-22-2014, 08:54 PM
The crucial line is your first. They were shooting a commercial. Commercial shoots often operate the ride differently. They could be speeding through the slow parts to get the outside shots they want. The run through the inside portions several times by shooting, backing up and shooting again. Really, we don't know how they did it but typical shoots don't necessarily reflect actual times. We'll probably have to wait for actual runs with guests.

They can't do any backing up and shooting again with a roller coaster.

mozman
04-23-2014, 01:18 PM
It's a thrill ride. Those types of rides tend not to see shorter lines. Space mountain still has long lines as does toy story. Maybe not as long as when the ride was first introduced (toy story still does), but I will still not wait 90 minutes for any ride.

Ian
04-23-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm honestly surprised people are ... well ... surprised. Most of Disney's coaster-style attractions are around 2 minutes in length. Rock-n-Roller Coaster I think is like 45 seconds or something.

Plus you don't know what other experiences you're going to have in the queue or potentially a pre-show or something.

This is right in line with my expectations.

Aurora
04-24-2014, 11:58 AM
If this time holds up to be true, looks like it will be about twice as long as Barnstormer, longer than Rock 'N' Roller Coaster, a little shorter than Space Mountain and about a minute shorter than Winnie the Pooh. Not at all out of line for this kind of ride.

The videos I've seen look wonderful. I'm looking forward to this ride.

mechanic
04-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Never considered ride length before.
So rnr only 45 seconds??
then small world. Is what like 8 1/2 minutes?
Might have to look these all up and make a chart.

joonyer
04-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Never considered ride length before.
So rnr only 45 seconds??
then small world. Is what like 8 1/2 minutes?
Might have to look these all up and make a chart.

It's a Small World is about 10 minutes, if you don't have to stop. It only seems longer.
On the other hand, Splash Mountain is about 11 minutes, and is over way too quickly.
Then again, Ellen's Energy Adventure is 45 minutes, and seems like eternity and forever combined. Never again.

Disneylovescompany
04-25-2014, 07:29 AM
Go to any park and actual ride time of most rides is not as long as you think it might be. For a coaster there are circumstances like track stress, capacity, number of trains on the track at once etc. When you have unrealistic expectations you will be disappointed.

WDWRemaker
04-25-2014, 10:57 AM
I thinkt it looks amazing, I can't wait to try it out in October/November! And most rides are really quite short like that anyway... as long as those 2 minutes are incredible, I'll be a happy camper! :thumbsup:

Coach Goofy
05-16-2014, 11:18 AM
It's a Small World is about 10 minutes, if you don't have to stop. It only seems longer.
On the other hand, Splash Mountain is about 11 minutes, and is over way too quickly.
Then again, Ellen's Energy Adventure is 45 minutes, and seems like eternity and forever combined. Never again.

Ellen's isn't my favorite "ride/attraction", but 45 minutes of cool and dark in June/July is just what the doctor ordered right after lunch. Perfect nap spot!

EJS-Houston
05-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Ellen's isn't my favorite "ride/attraction", but 45 minutes of cool and dark in June/July is just what the doctor ordered right after lunch. Perfect nap spot!

I'm clearly in the minority, but I still enjoy Ellen's Energy Adventure. Stupid Judy!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm clearly in the minority, but I still enjoy Ellen's Energy Adventure. Stupid Judy!

We also enjoyed although I've only ridden it once because its 45 minutes long, could use some updating of course

mcjaco
05-16-2014, 01:31 PM

That said, BTMRR is about 2:35 so somewhere around 2 to 2:30 is a likely time.

Roller coasters can't be slowed down, or backed up.

What's Peter Pan? A minute and a half? And people wait hours for that.

Stu29573
05-16-2014, 02:56 PM
Actually, the whole ride is on You Tube. It clocks in at about 2:45. Not bad for a coaster...

angua85
05-16-2014, 03:47 PM

I love Ellen's Energy Adventure also- and not just for the 45 min of a cool break. The jokes still make me giggle.

Main Street Jim
05-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Space Mountain: 2:12.

Splash Mountain: 12:37.

Tomorrowland Speedway: 4:30.

Buzz Lightyear: 4:12.

WDWRR: 20 minutes.

Country Bear Jamboree: 17:00.

Enchanted Tiki Room: 12:00 (approx.).

Haunted Mansion: just over 4:00.

Peter Pan's Flight: 1:57

Spaceship Earth: 16:00 (approx.).

mechanic
05-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I could have sworn space mountain was 5-6 minutes.
Of course I had my eys closed the whole time, wishing for it to end. When we got off, my 16 yr. Old son told me I was screaming.
never again, but I can laugh about it now. And just maybe try EE IN JULY.