PDA

View Full Version : Just can't keep it in...

Dsnygirl
04-21-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm so excited that I just have to share! :)

We were not doing Disney this year. Nope, not at all. Our year off.

We went to Florida in February to visit friends and family, research the area, and did what my DH lovingly called "upscale dumpster diving" - visited AKL for Mickey bars & a drink by the pool (and of course, zebra domes), hit DTD for dinner & shopping, watched Wishes at the Poly and got Lapu Lapus. Perfect.

Knew we were returning in August - same deal - visiting friends, research the area for our future move... no Disney.

Fast forward to the realization (okay, not the FIRST realization, but summer is fast approaching and it's become more real) that our girls both hit milestone birthdays this summer (13 & 16 - HOW did they get so big?? Must be all the pixie dust... :pixie:) and my DH and I hit 20yrs on this crazy ride together in the fall.

So... we decided that maybe a day at MK would be a good idea. And then... maybe a 2nd day with a hopper so the girls could split a day b/w two other parks for their birthday might be an even better idea.

Then... the realization that the new FP+ program was going to disallow us from doing as much as we'd like if we didn't buy tickets in advance... and finding out after a phone call to Disney that if you stay on property you get 30 more days to book things than if you don't... we started thinking about surprising the girls with 2 nights at CBR, our "home" resort so-to-speak. ;)

I, at this point, started scheming my own idea... our FAVORITE resort is AKL, having stayed there once with the girls and once on our own. We visit the resort even when we aren't staying there, as we just love it... so I thought, with the summer discount, how awesome would it be to surprise all 3 of them with staying THERE, instead of CBR?? :D

So.... that is what we're doing, although no one realizes it but me... and for THREE nights, as it works better with our friends' schedule. (Bummer! :mickey:)

I can NOT wait... my DH is excited just to know we're going to CBR for 3 nights... the girls know nothing of it... so I am SO looking forward to driving to AKL, letting them think we're just grabbing zebra domes to take to CBR, and then telling them to take their luggage out, we're home.... WOOT!! :cloud9::cloud9:

faline
04-21-2014, 06:24 PM
What a great schemer you are, Blythe!! What great surprises are in store for your family this summer!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-21-2014, 07:14 PM
How cool! It is going to be a super surprise! :)

WishingStar2006
04-22-2014, 01:04 AM
You're awesome for planning this surprise for your family and keeping the secret is half the fun. Nothing like having a visit in the planning stages!!!

Enjoy

buzznwoodysmom
04-22-2014, 11:25 AM
Awesome surprise Blythe! I have done similar surprises in the past. It's always so much fun.

We have decided no Disney this year as well. However, younger DS and I are missing it. Not so much the parks, but just the resorts and being there. We have made up an imaginary resort only trip for this summer. Probably won't go through with it, but I totally understand how difficult it can be to stay away, even when you swear you won't go this year. LOL.

Mickey'sGirl
04-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Congratulations Blythe! I'm sure they will love your surprise!!

minnie04
04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Very cool suprise!!!! :thumbsup: hmmm you've got me thinking of pulling something off for my DS10.. He is my partner in crime when it comes to Disney. Love to suprise him :mickey:

RedSoxFan
04-26-2014, 07:55 AM
Awesome surprise:mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-28-2014, 04:21 PM
Awesome surprise Blythe!!! Can't wait to hear about their reactions! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
05-26-2014, 05:31 PM
UPDATE -

So, I finally told my DH about the surprise... I'd been planning on waiting until Father's Day, but we were watching a show on TV that had an ad for Disney, and it started a discussion about what we love, what we miss, how much we're looking forward to August.

So.... I went and grabbed our reservation info from Disney and just handed it to him, letting him read it until he saw the info on AKL.... and he got SO excited, it was perfect!! :thumbsup:

He asked me to send him some pics from AKL in an e-mail so he can print them full-size on his color copier at work and hang them at his desk for motivation over the summer... love it! :mickey:

princessgirls
05-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Blythe!!!

Sooo excited for you guys!!!!

You will have a fabulous couple of Disney days celebrating "family"!!!

Julie:mickey: