PDA

View Full Version : Is the Poly sushi bar..Kona Island affected

Bruegge
04-20-2014, 02:59 PM
By all the construction.. I saw a short video and it looks like a nice place for a sushi snack/lunch.

I'm talking mid-late June...

steamboat willy
04-22-2014, 07:43 PM
From what I read on previous post, the Sushi Bar you mention is now pre-packaged and they no long offer FRESH to order sushi. With the other options out there, not my sushi place.
Others that have been there recently can add to this sushi location. The best I have enjoyed is the California Grill Top of The World at Contemporary Resort. Tuna Hand Roll was awesome.

mdricks
04-22-2014, 08:28 PM
If you want good sushi and can stand the travel kimonos in the swan is the best i have had on property.

:number1:

VWL Mom
04-22-2014, 08:56 PM
The Sushi Bar is only open for dinner and is now an extension of the Kona Cafe. Disney Parks Blog had just done an article on it last week.

Sushi is on a roll at Kona Cafe at Disney’s Polynesian Resort – for dinner, the little Kona Island sushi bar in the upstairs lobby is now an extension of the restaurant, and the sushi is crafted in the dining room in the former dessert show kitchen, giving chefs plenty of room to create specialties from sashimi and simple rolls to more elaborate combos such as the Caterpillar Roll (inside-out tuna roll, shrimp salad, tempura crunch and avocado) or the Lava Roll (togarashi-spiced tempura shrimp, bay scallops, spicy mayo and chives).

You can read the full blog here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/sushi-takes-center-stage-at-kona-cafe-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+DisneyParks+%28Disney+Parks+B log%29).

beksy
04-24-2014, 01:38 PM
I am a newbie to the sushi world so most of the info listed about it may as well be in Japanese :blush: My favorite is a crab roll with cream cheese (at least crab and cream cheese are 2 of the main ingredients) but I can't find this combo or anything like it anywhere on property...am I overlooking it or is there a place that will make sushi to order such as that place in Kona or in Epcot? Thanks! :mickey: