PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for November

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-11-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm somewhat new to ADR's, so go easy on me please. :blush:

I'm planning a trip for the end of November (229 days away), and want to make ADR's for some of our must-try restaurants. I won't be able to make these ADR's until we're 180 days out, correct? Will we need to have our resort booked by then too, or can we make ADR's without? Is there a limit to how many ADR's I can make? We will NOT be getting the dining plan, if this helps.

Thank you. :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Yes, you can make your ADR's at the 180-day mark.

No, you don't have to have your resort booked yet. The ADR advantage is that if you have booked your resort you can book your ADR's for your entire trip once the first day hits the 180-day mark. (Often referred to at 180+10). Otherwise, you'll have to call/go online each morning for the ADR's 180-days from that date.

You can make as many ADR's as you want, but the system won't allow you to make overlapping reservations. Otherwise, have fun and enjoy the food! :)

cer
04-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Yes, you will be able to book your dining reservations (ADR's) at the 180 day mark.

You will want your resort reservation set up so that you can make your reservations for your entire stay, otherwise you will be making them one day at a time. It is a 'perk' of staying on property, you get to make your reservations for the your trip at 180 days out plus 10 additional days.

Some restaurants are wildly popular and you will want to make those reservations first and then move on to the less popular ones. If you post which ones are your must do's then we can easily help prioritize which ones you would want to book first. If you are familiar with the restaurants already, you probably have a good idea which you should book first and might not need help. At any rate, if you are concerned at all, just ask.

Also make sure you have your credit card ready, too.

Bruegge
04-11-2014, 11:50 AM
Some restaurants are wildly popular and you will want to make those reservations first and then move on to the less popular ones. If you post which ones are your must do's then we can easily help prioritize which ones you would want to book first.

Yea, do this!! the gang here are REALLY good at this... listen to them and they will make sure you don't make a "silly" mistake..

I

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the help! :mickey:

These are the restaurants we want to make ADRs for:

Be Our Guest (Dinner)
California Grill (Dinner/Fireworks)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast)
Tusker House (Breakfast)
Jiko (Dinner)
Flying Fish Cafe (Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
Coral Reef OR Chefs de France (Lunch)

faline
04-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the help! :mickey:

These are the restaurants we want to make ADRs for:

Be Our Guest (Dinner)
California Grill (Dinner/Fireworks)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Breakfast)
Tusker House (Breakfast)
Jiko (Dinner)
Flying Fish Cafe (Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Lunch)
Coral Reef OR Chefs de France (Lunch)

The very hardest to get to going to be Be Our Guest. It would be to your advantage to be able to book day of arrival plus 10 to try to get that reservation. You should try for that one first and be flexible on which evening you go.

Cinderella's can also be quite difficult to get so that should be second on your list to book.

The others should be relatively easy to be able to book.

amorillo
04-11-2014, 05:19 PM
You will definitely want to have a package reservation, so you will have the 180 days + 10 window, if you have any hope of snagging that Be Our Guest dinner reservation.... and you will want to book that towards the end of your vacation.

I just hit my 180 day window on April 4th (for our Oct 1st to 7th trip) and the only days with any openings, and they were pretty limited, were the last three days of the trip!

faline
04-11-2014, 06:42 PM
You will definitely want to have a package reservation, so you will have the 180 days + 10 window, if you have any hope of snagging that Be Our Guest dinner reservation.... and you will want to book that towards the end of your vacation!

A package is not required to book 180 + 10. You can book 180 + 10 even if you have a room only reservation for a Disney resort.