PDA

View Full Version : All-Star Resorts

wdwfan09
04-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi! We are going to Disney in late June and are thinking of staying at the All-Star Music Resort. How are the buses for this resort? Just worried about having to stand with a 5 yr old and 8 yr old. Thank you! :mickey:

VacationDisney
04-09-2014, 05:24 PM
I do believe this resort shares the bus route with Sports & Movies. We have stayed at Music in the past and really the bus was never a big issue for us.

Perhaps someone else will come along and be able to offer more information.

Have a great trip:number1:

mechanic
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Shared buses. But when it gets busy they add buses. Sometimes dedicated and sometimes shared.
Can be especially noisy that time of year as the big tour groups come in. You need to dodge them at meal time because it overwhelms the cafeteria.
I don't mind them, but a lot of folks have had issues. Pop gets groups too, but I think most go to alk stars.

yankeesfan123
04-09-2014, 08:00 PM
In my experience (travelling during the off-season):

We never shared buses to any of the four parks during park opening hours, or at park closing.

If we waited an hour or two after park opening to go to a park, or if we came back to the resort a few hours before park closing, we shared a bus.

This obviously is not a set-in-stone rule.

wdwfan09
04-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Thank you all so much for your help! We can't wait!! :cloud9:

Gator
04-10-2014, 11:29 AM
We stayed there for 9 nights back in 2008 and we never shared a bus other than Magical Express. That said, be prepared to wait. The All-Stars seem to attract every ECV user in the known universe. Out of 22 bus trips, 19 of them forced everyone to wait for extended periods or even wait for another bus as the ECVers would board along with a dozen family members - filling up the bus and leaving everyone else to stand for the duration of the trip. I've never had that experience at any other resort - at least not to that extreme frequency. The resorts are really neat, but since you asked about bus service, I figured you should hear the good, bad, and ugly.

mechanic
04-11-2014, 03:21 AM
Have to agree with gator on that too. I had forgotten about that. Doesn't seem as bad at pop.