PDA

View Full Version : I had my baby!!!!

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Long overdue post...It's a boy!!! A healthy and perfect boy. We didn't know the sex and so that really took the whole birthing experience over the top.

Christopher William was born via c-section on Friday, February 21st at 5:00pm (happy hour baby, ha!). He weighed in at 6lbs 6oz and was 19.5 inches in length. He is a very good baby and my husband and I are enjoying every minute of parenthood. Being a mom is the best thing ever! There are all girls on my husband's side of the family so my in-laws were ecstatic to find out they had a grandson and that the family name will carry on.

Thank you to everyone who commented on my previous post about girl names. We are saving Emily and Madeleine if baby #2 is a girl (in a couple years). We still hadn't made a decision about which girl name when we were in the hospital so I guess it was a good thing we had a baby boy!

Here is Christopher's birth story if you care to know the details:

I was supposed to be induced on Monday, February 24th at 10:00pm. Thursday the 20th I was planning to go into work but I woke up to vaginal bleeding. Very scary. I immediately called my doctor. We met him at his office that morning. He tested it for amniotic fluid but was negative. He then sent me right over to to the perinatal center at the hospital for a biophysical ultrasound. The baby and amniotic fluid looked fine. Thank goodness! The doctor there and my doctor thought the bleeding might be from a tear in the placenta. They weren't able to confirm though. Both doctors agreed the baby needed to be born within 24 hours though. So I was set to be induced at 5 pm that same day. We ate lunch and then went home for 2 hours grabbed our bags, boarded our dog and then headed back to the hospital. They put the Cervidil in to start induction at about 8:00pm. The next morning my doctor checked me and no progress. He then started me on Pitocin. A few hours later he checked me again and still no real process. So at about 3:00pm on Friday the 21st my doctor said we would need to due a c-section. At that point I was still bleeding as well as leaking amniotic fluid. It didn't take them long to prep me for the c-section. My husband got his scrubs on and then there we were in the operating room. It all happened so fast. The spinal did not hurt at all nor did the surgery. It was all so weird. About 10 minutes later they held our sweet boy up over the surgical sheet and told us it was a boy and he screamed/cried his eyes and lungs out! Then the waterworks came! Such a special moment I tell you. They then checked him out and he was perfect. My husband then ran out to the waiting room to share the news with our family!

I'd love to share pictures but am unsure of how???

disneymom15
04-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Oooh, how wonderful! Congrats to you and your husband.

Disney4us2
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
:congrats:Congrats to you and your husband. Welcome Christopher:baby:

stephicakes
04-09-2014, 01:06 PM
:party2::cloud9::congrats::cloud9::party2:

PirateLover
04-09-2014, 01:13 PM
:party:Yay!! I'm glad everything went OK after that scary moment, and welcome to the world Christopher William!!!

Only moderators can post pictures in threads, but if you have an account with a photo site like flickr, photobucket, etc you could link to that.

SBETigg
04-09-2014, 01:44 PM
Aw, congratulations! Love the name, good thing you had a boy's name all picked out. Best wishes to your family.

Zippy 1
04-09-2014, 03:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!! Enjoy all the first with your little one time goes by so very quickly:congrats:

Dulcee
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Congrats on your little boy!

We're due in August and aren't finding out the sex in advance either. :)

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
I will upload some pics later to Shutterly and share the link.

@Dulcee: Congrats on your upcoming arrival!!! So exciting. Waiting to find out the sex at delivery is truly the icing on the cake. That moment they held him up and said "it's a boy", is a moment that will tug on my heart strings forever. There's nothing like it! Can't wait to hear your baby news in August!

Katzateer
04-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Congratulations!!:congrats:

faline
04-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Congrats to you and your family!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Congrats on your new little bundle of joy. Enjoy every minute of your little guy, as many can tell you time goes way too fast!

minnie04
04-10-2014, 03:33 PM
:congrats: How exciting!!!

emerzmom
04-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Congrats!!!!! Becoming a new mom is a truly wonderful experience.
:tink:
Julie

joanna71985
04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Congrats! I love the name :)

MNNHFLTX
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
Congratulations to you and your husband! And :welcome: to the world, Christopher!

vizsla
04-11-2014, 06:50 AM
Congrats :thumbsup:

mydisneygirls
04-11-2014, 08:59 AM
Congratulations!!!! And yes, being a mom IS the best thing ever.

clausjo
04-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Congrats! I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out well. Enjoy him!

pianobabe
04-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Congratulations!!:number1: Little boys are the best.