PDA

View Full Version : Motion Sickness on Mission Space and Star Tours...

Guinevere
04-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Ok, trying to finalize our plan for the bazillionth time. I have been on Mission Space and Star Tours in the past. Loved them, but I got very nauseous on Star Tours and my husband had problems on Mission Space. (no idea how I made it through MS...)
How is the lighter version of Mission Space? I really loved the ride and want people to go on it, but we don't want to get sick.:ack:

FaithTrustPixieDust
04-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Lighter version is fun too, just less intense. You feel movement, but your head isn't forced against the seatback, and you don't feel like your skin is peeling off your face. But you do still feel some tilting movement.

Strmchsr
04-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I have mild motion sickness with ST, but have never had any problem with MS-green. As stated above, it tilts, but the ride vehicle is not spinning as with MS-orange so there's no issues with sickness there.

VacationDisney
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I still get a little motion sickness on the lighter version of Mission Space. I have for the last few trips just not gone on the ride at all. My husband goes on and I wait outside.

whitney37354
04-09-2014, 01:18 PM
DH & DD both get car sick, but neither had a problem on MS-green side

Melanie
04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
MS Green is the way to go. I've literally been green from the Red side :sick: , but Green doesn't bother me at all. :thumbsup:

MargaretMessler
04-11-2014, 09:56 AM
I had TERRIBLE motion sickness from the full on version of MS - and I am not someone who really has that issue anywhere or on any other ride. And it was so bad I was basically lost for the rest of the afternoon after riding. I had no problem at all with the milder version. And it was just as fun.

No issues at all with ST.

MushuGrl
04-11-2014, 10:30 AM
I gotta say I've never done the Orange MS, but I've done the green, and I do get a little bit of sickness during the slingshot and the landing. I do take a non-drowsy Dramamine each morning before hitting the parks and the nausea is VERY short lived (like over before I even exit the ride).

Never had a problem on ST though.

Scrappy2
04-11-2014, 03:40 PM
I get motion sick very bad and I did not have a problem at all on the "green" side. I have however only done the ride once. Now Star Tours that can be a little tricky. It does bother me some. I did ride it several times our last trip and I would close my eyes during parts and that seemed to help me. I did recover very quickly. I do get very motion sick on RNR and Everest so I have stopped riding them. I just cannot recover from those rides.

BadBoyBill
04-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I get sick on Star Tours every time but the green side of MS is not bad.

Guinevere
04-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks everyone!! We will try the green side! Not to be mistaken for the...dark side:D

DonaldDuckUSA
04-15-2014, 10:30 AM
I get sick on ST, but I've had no problems on either green or orange MS. Knock on wood!

To my understanding, the only real difference between the two is that you don't feel the g-forces on green. I'm not sure if you're still on a centrifuge, but I think you are.