PDA

View Full Version : Pool view or Garden at POR?

maisie
04-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I usually stay in the Magnolia Bend area of POR but was thinking of trying the Alligator Bayou this time. Are the rooms overlooking the pool noisy at night? Any recommendations about the Garden View rooms in this area?

The Hitchhiking Ghost
04-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I usually stay in the Magnolia Bend area of POR but was thinking of trying the Alligator Bayou this time. Are the rooms overlooking the pool noisy at night? Any recommendations about the Garden View rooms in this area?

With such a great main pool, I've always found the quiet pools at POR-AB, just that, quiet and very peaceful.

I don't find room view upgrades worth the extra cost. Usually what I do is just book a base room and then before going down put in a request for a specific building and if I get it, great, if not, no big deal. But last two times we've essentially been upgraded at no cost to a better view simply by putting the request in in advance. No guarantees, but pretty common I believe.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-08-2014, 06:39 PM
I would save the $$ and book the garden view at POR. The quiet pools are fairly quiet, but with a garden view you'll still be super-close to a pool, and I don't see the value of paying more.

We stayed in a garden view twice and loved it each time, so beautiful and so peaceful. Each time, the pool was just seconds away.

If I was going to pay more at POR, I'd go for the preferred buildings to be closer to the main building.

Kairi_7378
04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
If I was going to pay more at POR, I'd go for the preferred buildings to be closer to the main building.

I agree with this.

#1donaldfan
04-09-2014, 02:42 PM
I have been to Riverside many times and I can honestly say that a room upgrade is not worth it at all. I do like the preferred buildings, but the view is not that big a deal. They all have pretty much awesome views, but realistically who sits in a room and just gazes out their windows ??? No one !! All the shades are pulled if you're in the room and if your not in the room, then the view is a moot point. The quiet pools are great and I've never been to one that was other than hushed laughters at night. :cool:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I agree- I wouldn't pay extra for a view. Looking out the window from your room, all you'll see is a balcony railing. Standing out in the outdoor walkway you'll see the view but even if you face the parking lot walking a short distance you'll see the beautiful landscaping, pools etc. We always book a standard room and use the extra money for something special, like a tour or dinner show.

Have a great vacation! You'll love POR!

:mickey: