PDA

View Full Version : Is this true?

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Just heard from a friend that he heard that the old Fast Pass stations that took the plastic tickets to produce the old Fast Passes are now all gone from the parks. It''s FP+ or nothing at all?

yankeesfan123
04-08-2014, 12:44 PM
....yes.....

Bruegge
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Yep, time for you (like me) to re-learn all the ins and outs of a new system... which changes every week...

First Just on site guests can book fp's in advance ... then AP holders.... then everyone can.

I'm still curious how many FP's are left on a busy day at 12 to 1 pm. I'm afraid if I need to make changes on the fly my choices will be terrible or non-existent. We'll see

Be sure to post your experiences... we all need input.

DizneyRox
04-08-2014, 01:46 PM
True story

Melanie
04-08-2014, 02:08 PM

I'm going to be at WDW starting Saturday for a week. I plan on tweeting my experiences with all this, so follow along on the INTERCOT Twitter account if you wish. I don't have any FP+ made yet, since I'm purchasing an AP and have to wait til I get down there to do it, so this could be interesting. ;)

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
04-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Sigh - oh boy - thanks

mickeyman42
04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
long story short, I found that 2 weeks ago, on a busy saturday, MK had an acceptable amount of good fp's left (mostly because in my opinion there are enough attractions worthy of a fp to spread them out), epcot you couldnt get soarin or test track past 1pm (and what else there would you use a fp on?), DHS you could get a late day RN'RC, almost anytime TT, and no chance at TSM past noon, AK you could easily get EE or dinosaur but not the safari.

on a weekday (again we were there during spring break) it was basically the same, maybe you could get fp's a few hours later in the afternoon, 2-3pm (not for soarin or TSM though, never them past noon), but we were only 2 ppl.
ok so that wasn't really short but, you get the point

cer
04-08-2014, 04:23 PM
long story short, I found that 2 weeks ago, on a busy saturday, MK had an acceptable amount of good fp's left (mostly because in my opinion there are enough attractions worthy of a fp to spread them out), epcot you couldnt get soarin or test track past 1pm (and what else there would you use a fp on?), DHS you could get a late day RN'RC, almost anytime TT, and no chance at TSM past noon, AK you could easily get EE or dinosaur but not the safari.

on a weekday (again we were there during spring break) it was basically the same, maybe you could get fp's a few hours later in the afternoon, 2-3pm (not for soarin or TSM though, never them past noon), but we were only 2 ppl.

Great information! :thumbsup:

Bruegge
04-08-2014, 04:25 PM

Outstanding... thanks.

I feel that as the summer goes on and all the newness wears off these available "on the fly" fps will get even shorter in supply..

Guess we are all going to have to stick to the original script....

yankeesfan123
04-08-2014, 05:49 PM

That sounds exactly like the legacy fast pass experience! If you decided to wanted to ride E ticket rides in HS or Epcot late in the day at a busy time of year, you were waiting standby.

At least you have a chance to get a fast pass ahead of time now though if you don't plan on being in the park til noon or so.

mcjaco
04-09-2014, 09:00 AM
That sounds exactly like the legacy fast pass experience! If you decided to wanted to ride E ticket rides in HS or Epcot late in the day at a busy time of year, you were waiting standby.

I was going to say, it's just like the old FP system. How often did you have to wait Standby for Soarin or TSM, if you waited too long for a FP?

All the time!

DKA041177
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Yep, we (me) have a lot of homework to do.

mickeyman42
04-10-2014, 05:34 AM
with all that said though, what I do like is not having to be at a park at rope drop in order to get a fp for the major attractions. we were more than ok with pre-booking a fp for 8pm for TSM or soarin, then going about our day without fp's until the evening. we would basically do a morning in 1 park without fp's then hop over to another park and use our pre-booked fp's. with the old system we would never be able to get a fp for TSM, Soarin', RN'RC that late in the day if we had to show up in person in order to get our fp's, as was the case with the old system.

Terra
04-10-2014, 10:19 AM
Yep, time for you (like me) to re-learn all the ins and outs of a new system... which changes every week...

First Just on site guests can book fp's in advance ... then AP holders.... then everyone can.

I'm still curious how many FP's are left on a busy day at 12 to 1 pm. I'm afraid if I need to make changes on the fly my choices will be terrible or non-existent. We'll see

I know there were none for Soarin' on Saturday. I went and a friend met me. I had one from booking in advance and wanted to see if we could get in the same time from. By 11:30am, they were gone.

yankeesfan123
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
I know there were none for Soarin' on Saturday. I went and a friend met me. I had one from booking in advance and wanted to see if we could get in the same time from. By 11:30am, they were gone.

Not surprising. Would've been similar with the old system. Probably would've been an 8pm return time if they were still available at best.

Terra
04-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Not surprising. Would've been similar with the old system. Probably would've been an 8pm return time if they were still available at best.

But I do remember them letting you in if it was past your allotted
time. However I think there was mixed information about if they were allowed to do that or not.
I think we only missed one other window time because of a late meal reservation that ran over.

Terra
04-10-2014, 01:33 PM
ETA: Although for the first time ever I had a rude cast member.
I simply said, "Oh interesting, I thought you could come back anytime after that as with the old paper passes."

She said very snotty like "Ma'am, we haven't had paper passes in over a year!" And then turned away.

Okay then. If I had my information wrong, just tell me nicely lady! LOL

yankeesfan123
04-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Well.... There was always an expiration time on the old FP for a reason.

However, that reason was NEVER enforced....

up until about a year before FP+ was announced. It started to be enforced to condition guests to get ready for FP+ and the enforcement of the time.

Terra
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Well.... There was always an expiration time on the old FP for a reason.

However, that reason was NEVER enforced....

up until about a year before FP+ was announced. It started to be enforced to condition guests to get ready for FP+ and the enforcement of the time.

Ah, okay! I do remember seeing the window times. Didn't realize they just didn't enforce it.
Admittedly I don't do FP a whole lot.
Except for major things like Soarin' or Space Mountain, EE, etc.

yankeesfan123
04-10-2014, 10:42 PM
Only major things had FP before! (For the most part).

Now, everything has FP

Terra
04-11-2014, 10:41 AM

Now, everything has FP
That is true! I used to laugh when you would get the "bonus" paper FP for like Figment! :blush:

FutureEnjoyment
04-11-2014, 12:23 PM

Now, everything has FP

Not quite "everything." (There are many attractions that still don't offer FP.)
But, certainly there are a lot of attractions that now offer FP+ that never needed FP at all in the past (and, likely continue to not need FP+ even now.)

yankeesfan123
04-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Ok ok you got me there. Hyperbole is not welcome on the internet.