PDA

View Full Version : Turn

Scar
04-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Anyone else looking forward to this? Starts tonight on AMC at 9 EDT.

I have lived my entire life within a mile of John Honeyman's (look him up) house, and I have a great interest in the Rev War. I know this series takes place after Honeyman, and I have never even heard of the The Culper Ring before, but I really hope this show is great.

Melanie
04-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Yes! We are DVRing it. I hadn't heard of it until a few weeks ago when I took the train up to NYC and there were signs all over, and I mean all over, Union Station here in DC advertising it. My hubby had seen it before and had already set it up to tape. I hope it's great too!

VWL Mom
04-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Our DVR is set too. My oldest called from school for me to tape it, hadn't even heard of it before.

Mickey'sGirl
04-06-2014, 09:29 PM
I am watching (since it is on in my beloved Walking Dead slot on AMC).

PirateLover
04-07-2014, 12:13 PM
We watch The Walking Dead and so we've seen commercials for it all season. We DVR'd it. We started it last night but DH was really tired so we will need to finish it later. It seems right up our alley. I read a few reviews that say it's slow, but the thing about many of these shows is they have to start slow to build the story properly. Hopefully it's a good one. :thumbsup:

Scar
04-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Had to watch it twice. Not a good sign. I did like it, and once I got it found it very interesting and somewhat suspenseful. Some of the accents were a little tough to understand. Didn't realize Abe's father was Mr. Gibbs until the second watch. I'll watch tonight, but if I have to watch every episode twice just to fully get it, I may have to pass.

Scar
04-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Oh, and I see now that the series started just before Honeyman. Doubt he'll get a mention.