PDA

View Full Version : "Feeling" Disney....

RavsRuleDisney!
04-05-2014, 02:18 PM
Ok, so I am doing the family laundry (yes, I am laundry guy) and I crack the window in the laundry room as we are finally getting some nice weather here in the northeast - sun shining, nice breeze coming in - and then it washes over me....the feeling of being/wanting to be at Disney!! I usually do our laundry mid-trip when on vacation and I suddenly felt like I was at the laundry facility at POR....cool but sad at the same time ya know?!

So anyone else have that moment when you are doing/seeing/hearing/smelling something that gives you that "feeling" of being at the World? Or am I just weird.... ;)

buzznwoodysmom
04-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Not weird at all.

We live in Louisiana and very often when I open the garage in the morning to bring the kids to school one of the kids will say "if feels/smells like a Disney morning". It's that same humid,warm but not too hot, feeling like when we are heading out to catch the bus to a park.

disney obsessed
04-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Happens all of the time. Most often it is the smell in the air early morning. But it can be anything... The smell of orange, the smell of pine trees, the smell of stale water, hearing techno music, hearing african rhythm, the desire to eat zebra domes, a Mickey bar, or have a drink of the beverly. I can go on but maybe someone else can add to the list!

marlyn
04-05-2014, 10:12 PM
You are not weird at all!! Happens to me all the time!

Lindsey310
04-09-2014, 09:21 PM
There is a waterfall in Cranston, RI that smells exactly like the water in splash mountain that I happen to LOVEEEEE the smell of! :blush:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I think it's very normal for us that are Disney-obsessed! :blush:

A humid morning sure makes me feel like I'm back at the World!

Terra
04-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Are you kidding! All the time, and I live so close! lol.

I put on Disney park music while I clean and I feel like I'm there!

I adore some EPCOT entrance music loops!

Scallywag
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM
We have a Sauna in our basement and I have a bunch of CD's ( Caribbean, Sounds of Africa, Spanish Guitar, Maui etc. ) When I get done working out in the evening I hop in the sauna for 20-25 minutes and listen to these CD's. Each one reminds me of a different place @ the world. I look forward to spacing out in there to some Disney spot for a while every night.

It's my happy place!!!

Scallywag
04-10-2014, 04:34 PM
There is a waterfall in Cranston, RI that smells exactly like the water in splash mountain that I happen to LOVEEEEE the smell of! :blush:

I love it too! I explained this to my son on our last trip. Everything there has a unique smell to it. The stores, restaurants, resort rooms and especially the attractions. I think I could close my eyes and tell you what ride we are on by smell alone. The water based rides smell the best and of course my beloved Haunted Mansion.

It's the Disney " Mojo" they put in the water to keep us coming back...;)