PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Marathon Expo Question

tomwitham
04-04-2014, 11:27 AM
My wife and I will be at Disney World January 6th-13th 2015 and will hopefully both be running the half marathon. I'm trying to put together the itinerary and was wondering if anyone knew where and when the expo/packet pick up will be for that race. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tom

BrerGnat
04-04-2014, 11:32 AM
It is usually the Wednesday-Friday before the races begin, at the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex.

tomwitham
04-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Thank you very much. I was hoping it was open on Tuesday so we could go there immediately from the airport, but we'll probably hit it up on Thursday. Thanks again!
Tom

Melanie
04-04-2014, 12:11 PM
The Marathon Weekend Expo runs Wednesday-Saturday. Just a tip, the Packet pick up normally opens in the morning at least a half hour before posted time. I can stress enough getting there and getting out early. It's a madhouse the later in the day it gets.

Dopey's Girl
04-16-2014, 09:28 PM
The Marathon Weekend Expo runs Wednesday-Saturday. Just a tip, the Packet pick up normally opens in the morning at least a half hour before posted time. I can stress enough getting there and getting out early. It's a madhouse the later in the day it gets.

So True. I couldn't get out there until around 3 this year and it was PACKED. Won't be making that mistake next year!!!

badkitty
04-17-2014, 05:38 PM
And if you aren't running the 5K, I think day 2 is better than day 1.

BrerGnat
04-17-2014, 05:40 PM
And if you aren't running the 5K, I think day 2 is better than day 1.

Good to hear! We will likely fly in the morning of the 5k so the expo will be our first stop on Thursday. No 5k for us this time.

B.R. Guest
04-27-2014, 10:36 AM
I'd recommend about a hour after it opens. The wife and I got there and stood in line for 45 minutes until they opened the door. We came out about a hour later and people were just walking in. No need to get there and waste a hour.