PDA

View Full Version : cost keep going up

micky95
04-03-2014, 06:04 PM
I just saw that Disney has increased the price for parking.is this increase on this & tickets making it more difficult for you to go?my dw & I have had ap s a couple of times and gone a total of 30 days one year but now we go once a year and that may get to be every other year.i must add that we just purchased a older camper and can take 3 times the trips for one trip to Disney.we LOVE Disney but its just getting too expensive:mad:

faline
04-04-2014, 03:28 PM
I understand your frustration. Costs have gone up quite a bit but it seems other amusement/theme parks have also raised their rates as well.

DizNee143
05-10-2014, 07:25 AM
I use to go every year with my family. Sometimes even twice a year..
With having my own family now, I want to share the magic with my two daughters but seems we'll be getting there every 3 years or so.
Prices keep going up in Disney and everywhere else in life, except in pay, lol.
I'm glad we are still able to go, but it takes a lot more to try and go now a days..it's just not as doable as it once was.

RunDMV
05-11-2014, 07:19 AM
Along with a couple of other reasons, they priced us out of visiting. We used to vist twice a year for more than two decades....havent been since january 2012.

Higher prices for less product stopped apealing to us. And they dont care. They know someone else will pay for one trip. WDW has forsaken the repeat guest for the one time visitor. Its sad.

Terra
05-13-2014, 01:31 PM
On one hand I do hate that parking is so expensive. If it comes down too it. I'd rather have X amount of money to spend IN the park, than park a car.

That said, I try to look at it as keep jobs. And if that's what it takes, I can understand.

Though now that its getting near $20, that is silly IMHO. Again I'd rather spend $20 on some crazy toy in the park for my child.

What is the current price now to park?
I have an AP so thankfully it's included. Last year I had the SP and I hated it because of the no parking fee included.

I'd love to see a statistic though on how many cars actually pay a day to park, verses AP's, people staying on property, etc.

MNNHFLTX
05-13-2014, 02:47 PM
I agree about the higher price for less product making a WDW trip less appealing. For onsite guests, paying for parking is a choice, since you can just leave the car at the hotel (if you do have a car) and use Disney transportation. If you're staying offsite, it's a way that Disney zaps ya. :(

VacationDisney
06-04-2014, 09:00 AM
MNNHFLTX I agree about the higher price for less product making a WDW trip less appealing. For onsite guests, paying for parking is a choice, since you can just leave the car at the hotel (if you do have a car) and use Disney transportation. If you're staying offsite, it's a way that Disney zaps ya.

I thought parking was free if you were staying on site:confused:

faline
06-04-2014, 09:19 AM

It is.

MNNHFLTX
06-04-2014, 05:39 PM
Oh yes, it is, I don't know why I stated it that way. I just meant that if you stay offsite you don't have a choice, you have to pay for parking (unless the offsite hotel has a shuttle service, which are usually not that good).