PDA

View Full Version : Well we did it

1goofyfamily
04-03-2014, 02:43 PM
After years of dreaming about going to Nights of Joy my wife and I finally decided to do it. Granted our kids have decided to disown us even though we were just at Disney World in December with them and my wife and I haven't had a weekend away let alone a vacation without our kids in 15 years when our oldest was a baby. Plus the line up this year is the best it has ever been and it is seriously all our favorite Christian artists. I justified it by saying if we could pay this much and go see all 16 of these artists/bands we'd do it but the fact that it's at Disney World is just an extra bonus. Now I just hope a better discount comes out so we can tack on a few extra days to the trip. I think my wife has already added Dole Whip breaks to our calendar.....at both the Polynesian and MK.

KylesMom
04-03-2014, 03:31 PM
Congratulations on taking that big step of leaving the kids behind and having a lovely couples trip! I know you will have a fabulous time - and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you can tack on a few extra days! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
04-03-2014, 04:30 PM
That's awesome. Good for you! I hope you have an amazing time.

I keep thinking the day will come when I am OK to take a trip to WDW just DH and I, but so far I haven't been able to leave the kids. My oldest would probably "survive" ;), but my youngest would be so heart broken I don't know that I could actually enjoy the trip. Maybe one day......

vizsla
04-04-2014, 05:00 AM
:thumbsup:

1goofyfamily
04-04-2014, 08:15 PM
At first we couldn't fathom not taking the kids but our 10 yr old is in that annoying phase so that helped sway us. We had some major fits thrown by him though when he guessed that's where we were going when we were describing the concerts and our 15 yr old is jealous of our dining choices and our 13 yr old says just bring him back something and promise we won't eat at Le Cellier without him but our daughter is trying to get a new puppy via some guilting. My first trip was was after we got married and pre-kids and I remember my wife talking up the castle so much and she had been as a kid and travel agent but then when we arrived during the 25th anniversary and it was "the cake" she thought I'd never go back. But we will take them back in 2 years for our oldest's graduation but that one will be kinda bittersweet.

mom2morgan
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
OMG, 1Goofy - I think I know your wife! Seriously! If not, your trip schedule and family composition is freakishly coincidental....I'll just say July 98? If I'm right - too funny!

1goofyfamily
04-07-2014, 10:27 AM
mom2morgan - why yes you sure do know my wife then :D

mom2morgan
04-07-2014, 06:32 PM
mom2morgan - why yes you sure do know my wife then :D

LOL... The internet is a much smaller place than one might think ;-). Glad you guys are doing this trip... You'll have such a great time!

buzznwoodysmom
04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
At first we couldn't fathom not taking the kids but our 10 yr old is in that annoying phase so that helped sway us. We had some major fits thrown by him though when he guessed that's where we were going when we were describing the concerts and our 15 yr old is jealous of our dining choices and our 13 yr old says just bring him back something and promise we won't eat at Le Cellier without him but our daughter is trying to get a new puppy via some guilting. My first trip was was after we got married and pre-kids and I remember my wife talking up the castle so much and she had been as a kid and travel agent but then when we arrived during the 25th anniversary and it was "the cake" she thought I'd never go back. But we will take them back in 2 years for our oldest's graduation but that one will be kinda bittersweet.

Oh the cake castle. That was my first trip too! I hated it!

I tend to forget that DH and I actually did do Disney without our kids....twice.....before we had them. LOL. But that seems so long ago now, and we weren't the "pros" we are now!;) Can't wait to take the plunge and go just the two of us one day. Enjoy your trip!