PDA

View Full Version : Traveling with Nephew

PawleyPlatoon
04-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Hi Fellow Intercotees:

I am considering planning a trip in June to take my nephew (15 years old) to WDW. I am a 55 year old aunt.

Any recommendations for accommodations for us?

Thanks!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
What is your budget like? Do you know if you'd prefer to stay at a Value, Moderate, or Deluxe resort yet? How long will you be staying?

PawleyPlatoon
04-01-2014, 04:24 PM
Hopefully June 11 - 15, 2014. I am looking to save as much as possible, however we need a resort that will accommodate our ages.

Also I want what would interest a 15 year old boy. AKL would be great but it's too expensive. I am open to suggestions.

THANKS!

GeorgeOfTheJungle
04-01-2014, 05:02 PM
Since you'll only be there for 4 days, I would think you'll be spending more time in the parks than the resort, so I'd say the most important factor you should consider is the ease of transportation to/from the parks. My personal favorite of the Value resorts is the POP Century because it has its own dedicated bus and the other Values share buses. This will save you some time getting where you want to go, and that might make a big difference in your day since you'll be at WDW during a busy time. I think your nephew will have a great time no matter where he's staying, but if theming is very important to you and he's a big sports fan, All Star Sports might be a good match for you. All Value resorts have an arcade, where he could go if he needs a little alone time.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Scallywag
04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
Carribean is a little more than the value resorts ( moderate ), but the theming is pretty cool and the pool is nice. I have 2 boys and they love the place. It is also in a central location so it doesn't take long to get to any of the parks from there.

Lets face it, they're all way better than a Red Roof. I'm sure he will like any resort you choose.

Good luck!

PawleyPlatoon
04-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks!

mom2morgan
04-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I'd go withe a Value as well - you aren't going to be spending a lot of time at the resort, I think - and the values have good food courts and fun theming and pools. I think you'll be mainly in the parks! The moderates ARE a little more comfortable with larger rooms, better beds, and nicer pool areas, but i don't know if it's worth it for that length of trip.

hauntedmansiongirl
04-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Make sure that you save time for a waterpark and Disney Quest. We don't have any kids and took our 13 yr old Godson 2 years in a row. He said that his favourite things were Blizzard Beach, Disney Quest arcade and the mini golfing at Winter Summerland. A waterpark fun & more pass is well loved with teens!

Have a great time- you'll be the best Auntie ever! Your nephew will remember the trip his whole life! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
04-10-2014, 07:48 PM
I forgot to answer your initial question- we stayed at Caribbean Beach the first time and Port. Orleans Riverside the second time. He liked Riverside better because of Yehaa Bob and the bigger arcade. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Pop Century either though. :mickey:

LVT
04-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Pop has good bus service and there is a curtain across the sink/closet area that sets up as a nice dressing somewhat private dressing area.
On the same theme Coranado Springs has a similar set up, more luxury.