PDA

View Full Version : New Disney Press Release..Blog

Bruegge
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
FastPass+ for Disney Transportation

The new version of MDE lets guests make bus reservations for transportation to and from the theme parks each day. As proof that programmers have humor, it’s called Bus+ in the code.

I hear this feature will be rolled out to the value resorts this summer. The theme park bus stops at each resort will be reconfigured into two lines, one for FastPass+ reservations and one for standby. When a bus arrives at the resort, guests in the FastPass+ line will board first. If there’s room left on the bus, guests in the standby line can board until the bus is full. Anyone left in the standby line will wait for the next bus. No word on whether standby guests already on the bus will have to give up their seats for FastPass+ guests.

A return trip back to your hotel is included as part of the FastPass+ pick, but you have to ride each way within the 1-hour time window you select ahead of time, otherwise you’ll be directed to the standby line.

The good news is that “FastPass Bus” won’t count against your FastPass+ entitlements for the day. The bad news is that the Magic Kingdom monorail will.

Disney’s building a second ferry dock at the Transportation and Ticket Center, and the plan is to convert the monorail into a FastPass+ attraction. Standby guests must take the boat to the Magic Kingdom, while FastPass+ guests take the monorail, which will count as 1 FastPass+ entitlement each way.

A monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom to Epcot will also count as 1 FastPass+ entitlement. As proof that corporations have a sense of humor, the discussion that justified this inside Disney was that since Universal is charging guests for Hogwarts Express as park-to-park transit for its new Diagon Alley, so should Disney.

APRIL FOOLS....

k10
04-01-2014, 04:28 PM
LOLOLOL. I was reading this, getting so red in the face. :thedolls:

Thank goodness this is an April Fools. :blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-01-2014, 07:52 PM
:silly::laughing:

The best ones are always the ones that *could* be true.

DisneyGiant
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Very creative!

VWL Mom
04-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Nice job :thumbsup:

DKA041177
04-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Nice! :mickey:

disneymom15
04-02-2014, 09:26 AM
You really had me going. Very funny!!

waymickey
04-02-2014, 10:48 AM
don't give them any ideas!!! I could see this happening and it scares me sick!:sick:

Nice!! Had me going.

PlutoPlanet
04-02-2014, 12:16 PM
Yep, you had me there.

#1donaldfan
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I was gonna say .... :thedolls:

Gator
04-02-2014, 06:47 PM
You had me until "Standy guests may have to give up their seats." Once my blood pressure started go up, I suddenly realized that I'm going to have to beat you down for trying to give Disney this horrible idea! :)

Bruegge
04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
You had me until "Standy guests may have to give up their seats." Once my blood pressure started go up, I suddenly realized that I'm going to have to beat you down for trying to give Disney this horrible idea! :)

Yea, If Disney comes up with ANYTHING like this in the next 3 years...

FYI: spent 2 years in south Ga (Valdosta Moody AFB).

DNeice and Dnephew went to UF at that time also.. Saw Tim Tebow play when he was a Freshman and Sophomore at the swamp several times... That place went nuts when he came on the field... other than Disney..... some of my favorite FL. moments. Just thought you could relate...

So... I'm with you... Go Gators. (two more games)