PDA

View Full Version : Tips for 1st time MNSSHP goer

k10
04-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Looking like we're adding MNSSHP to our October trip Itinerary!!! :party:

Lots of good information found on other threads. But with this new one I've created, I'm looking specifically for advice, tips, MUSTS, avoids, special things everyone may not know, little "easter eggs", etc.

Thank you!!! :blush:

cer
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
The parade is a must-see. I would view it from Frontierland or Liberty Square. The headless horseman leads the parade and he comes through fairly quickly. If you are further along on the parade route, you end up with a pretty big delay between him and the rest of the parade.

Also, if you are into character meets, make sure you look at your guide to see who is out. When we were there, they had a photo op with all the seven dwarves that we missed out on. That would have been a real fun pic.

Also, there is a story teller that hangs out outside of the Haunted Mansion. I have heard she is great, and we tried to see her when we were there, but she wasn't out. Bummed about that, too.

Go to the party well-rested, and if you want to dress up, go for it, you will be in good company.

k10
04-01-2014, 03:09 PM
The parade is a must-see. I would view it from Frontierland or Liberty Square. The headless horseman leads the parade and he comes through fairly quickly. If you are further along on the parade route, you end up with a pretty big delay between him and the rest of the parade.

Also, if you are into character meets, make sure you look at your guide to see who is out. When we were there, they had a photo op with all the seven dwarves that we missed out on. That would have been a real fun pic.

Also, there is a story teller that hangs out outside of the Haunted Mansion. I have heard she is great, and we tried to see her when we were there, but she wasn't out. Bummed about that, too.

Go to the party well-rested, and if you want to dress up, go for it, you will be in good company.

thanks a LOT!!! those are things i didn't know / didn't find in earlier research. :party:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-01-2014, 04:57 PM
I was wondering the same thing...we will be there Oct 29-Nov 4...I was hoping we'd be able to do the party on the 30th instead of the 31st thinking it wouldn't be as crowded, but looking at historical dates it looks like they are normally on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays...so we'll be there on the 31st, a Friday it looks like. Anyone else ever go on Halloween? Is it crazy crowded?

04-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I was wondering the same thing...we will be there Oct 29-Nov 4...I was hoping we'd be able to do the party on the 30th instead of the 31st thinking it wouldn't be as crowded, but looking at historical dates it looks like they are normally on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays...so we'll be there on the 31st, a Friday it looks like. Anyone else ever go on Halloween? Is it crazy crowded?

In Oct., Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday "normally". Always subject to change though.

DKA041177
04-02-2014, 08:59 AM
We are also going for the first time this year! Thanks for the tips everybody, we are super excited!

FantasmicJ
04-02-2014, 01:38 PM
I would always recommend going to the 2nd parade, way less crowded than the 1st. We've sat down on Main St. after watching the fireworks and it is amazing the amount of people that walk by leaving the park. Usually one person in our party will hit the bakery for some snacks and we'll wait there until the 2nd parade and just enjoy the atmosphere.

I would also try to hit Haunted Mansion just before closing. We got on about 5min prior at one party and were the only 2 people in the stretching room...super creepy! :mickey:

DKA041177
04-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Wow...only folks in the stretching room. That must have been really cool!

lawgirl
04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Wear a costume! And get plenty of rest before the party. We usually make that our "stay in and sleep" day. We've done 2 mnsshp parties, and had so much fun both times. It's so festive and the parade is great. Oh and the fireworks are awesome.

If I remember correctly the candy line was a waste of time. We have a 3 YO, and to me, it just wasn't worth going through it. But everything else is awesome. He loves the dance parties.

Be sure to check the MNSSHP map / brochure when it comes available so you can plan out your night.

NickD100
04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
YES!!! Wearing a costume is half the fun! It doesn't have to be much and you don't have to go all out. But wear something. It's a Halloween party after all!!! Be fun and festive.

Like everyone else said, the parade is awesome. It's a must. And trick or treating down the trails for candy is fun too. How often can you go trick or treating?!?! Take advantage of that!!!

Have fun fun!!!

That's my favorite time of the year!!!

MNDisney Dad
04-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Even though the party starts at 7PM, you can be admitted with your party tickets at around 4PM. Can save a day on MYW tickets. Halloween activities will not start until 7PM, but you can still enjoy the park for an extra 3 hours. The Headless Horseman rides about 5 minutes before the start of the parade in Frontierland. A must see along with the fireworks.

k10
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Thank you for all the tips!!! :number1::mickey::thumbsup::party: