PDA

View Full Version : ADRs, MDE and Lessons Learned

conan617
03-31-2014, 04:40 PM
My 180 day window opened this morning and I had a great experience with MDE. Last week, I made sure I had my credit card info up to date and made sure my profile info was accurate. This morning, I was up early (4:20 AM CDT) and logged in to MDE using Google Chrome Browser. At 4:55 AM CDT, I made my first selection for Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast and entered the date and time I wanted. I chose to have the date later in the trip as this ADR is typically tougher to get. I began clicking the seach for table button at 4:59 AM CDT and kept refreshing until I got a hit at 5AM CDT. I completed the reservation and moved on to BOG. Again, I tried for later in the week and got a time of 4:25. I booked this time, but wanted something a little later and went back and tried a day earlier and was able to score 6:05. I booked this and went back and cancelled the original request. I booked Ohana and Boma with no difficulty what so ever, but when I went to book Cape may, the system wouldn't allow me past the 180 mark. I found out that for some reason unbeknownst to me (but possibly knownst to Tech Support) I had been logged out of MDE. I quickly logged back in and the problem was solved. I made the rest of my ADRs and checked my itinerary to confirm they matched and there were no issues as the reservations showed up on the laptop and my phone. All in all it took me 20 minutes and I got all the requests I wanted and pretty close to the times I hoped to get. CRT, BOG, Ohanas, Boma, Cape May, 1900 Park Fare and 50s Primetime. Not tooo bad for an hour or so of lost sleep.

It helped to have had some great help from fellow INTERCOTees...The link below is from a discussion I had last week. Thanks to natedog24 and MrPetree
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=204298

VacationDisney
03-31-2014, 04:53 PM
Great selections. Glad the process was easy for you:mickey:

faline
03-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Glad your preparation and strategy worked for you!

Bruegge
03-31-2014, 06:16 PM
It's so Good to hear success stories..

I make FP+'s in 19 days, but who's counting....

I hope I have as good of luck

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Great choices, I have exactly one month from today before my 180 day mark opens....I am totally crazy when it comes to planning and completely changed my mind on some reservations today. This is what I'm thinking now, what do you think?

Dinners:
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Cape May Buffet
Narcossee's
Ohana

Breakfast:
Akershus

conan617
04-02-2014, 06:12 PM
This is what I'm thinking now, what do you think?

Dinners:
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Cape May Buffet
Narcossee's
Ohana

Breakfast:
Akershus

This will be my first time for BOG Ohana and Cape May, but the rest look awesome. Be sure you get up early for BOG and try to book late in your trip. That one was harder for me to get than CRT.:mickey:

amorillo
04-03-2014, 07:53 AM
My 180 day window opens up tomorrow morning... stressed out already about BOG. :blush: This is supposed to be fun right?

Glad you were able to book everything you wanted... here's to hoping my morning goes just as well!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2014, 08:55 AM
This will be my first time for BOG Ohana and Cape May, but the rest look awesome. Be sure you get up early for BOG and try to book late in your trip. That one was harder for me to get than CRT.:mickey:

I'm going to be online when it opens. I am correct that its 6am EST right?

natedog24
04-03-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm going to be online when it opens. I am correct that its 6am EST right?

Yep - 6AM, EST. I booked my ADRs online a couple weeks ago with no problems.
Good luck!

MrPeetrie
04-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm glad you were able to make all your ADRs. It sounds like a wonderful trip is in store.

Enjoy!!