PDA

View Full Version : Yep...'Nother FP+ question....

Main Street Jim
03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
So, say you wanna meet up with other friends/family members in a park one day, but they're not on your room reservation or whatever - they're just making a day trip up (because they only live an hour and half away).

How would you go about doing FP's for the day, then? Is there still a "walk-up" option for FP's when you get into the park that morning?

DizneyRox
03-30-2014, 04:30 PM
There are kiosks they can try to get fast passes at times close to yours.

If it were me, I'd get them when you can and have them get theirs upon arrival. You could all try to get them upon park arrival, but if there's something you want to do/see, then I would be a little selfish.

VWL Mom
03-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Do they have tickets? If so they can make an MDE account and link them. Starting March 31st off-site guests will be able to make FP+ 30 days out. I must say this information is rumored on many sites but has not officially been posted by Disney yet.

Main Street Jim
03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
Do they have tickets? If so they can make an MDE account and link them. Starting March 31st off-site guests will be able to make FP+ 30 days out. I must say this information is rumored on many sites but has not officially been posted by Disney yet.No, they're probably buying their park tickets the day of. It's my brother and his family.

Man, I tell ya...havin' to *plan* all this stuff out is...well...kinda overwhleming for someone like me...LOLOLOL

yankeesfan123
03-30-2014, 06:52 PM
If their definitely going, try to convince them to buy their tickets ahead of time.

It's cheaper and they can book FP+! Why wait?

lindique
03-30-2014, 06:52 PM
That's one of the problems with FP+ - no real way to sync fastpasses with people who are not on your list of friends and family.

I met up with 2 different groups of people on my last trip - one couple from my office and another who retired and now lives in the Orlando area. We ended up just going our own separate way for the times when my group had fastpasses for hard to get rides like Midway Mania. There was really no other way to do it and still get on the main rides. It was either that or everyone had to go to Standby.

Main Street Jim
03-30-2014, 10:54 PM
If they're definitely going, try to convince them to buy their tickets ahead of time.

It's cheaper and they can book FP+! Why wait?Because it's my *brother*. :P One of those, "We'll buy our tickets when we get there" kinda guys. If we tell them to meet us at the park at 8:30am, they'll show up at like 10:00...LOL

yankeesfan123
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Because it's my *brother*. :P One of those, "We'll buy our tickets when we get there" kinda guys. If we tell them to meet us at the park at 8:30am, they'll show up at like 10:00...LOL

Gotcha... i have one of those...

Mariano O'Kon
04-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Do they have tickets? If so they can make an MDE account and link them. Starting March 31st off-site guests will be able to make FP+ 30 days out. I must say this information is rumored on many sites but has not officially been posted by Disney yet.

Is this confrmed? Do you have any updates?

I have a friend going in May and he wants to know if he can make FP+ reservations before he gets there.

Thanks!

Mariano

BadBoyBill
04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Yes non resort guests can make FP+ reservations 30 days out and it is live now. You just have to link your ticket to MDE.