PDA

View Full Version : Subdivision just outside MK?

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2014, 03:13 PM
A few years ago our GPS took us into WDW through a back way. We didn't drive under the WDW welcome sign. Instead we drove through what looked like a fairly new subdivision and right past what appeared to be some sort of backstage area of MK. We cannot remember the name of the subdivision. Been racking my brain to remember. Anyone has any idea what the name of the subdivision is?

Melanie
03-30-2014, 03:40 PM
I think you are referring to Golden Oaks. It's on the back route from Port Orleans area over to MK, which passes Fort Wilderness.

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2014, 04:09 PM
I think you are referring to Golden Oaks. It's on the back route from Port Orleans area over to MK, which passes Fort Wilderness.

No, it's definitely not Golden Oaks. It was just a normal everyday subdivision with midsized homes. It was outside of WDW, but not very far from MK.

Melanie
03-30-2014, 04:10 PM
No, it's definitely not Golden Oaks. It was just a normal everyday subdivision with midsized homes. It was outside of WDW, but not very far from MK.

Oh, okay. I have no idea then. :shrug:

DizneyRox
03-30-2014, 04:21 PM
Out back by Disney University, the monorail barn, and such? I've been by there, don't remember much...

You take the road straight past the a Contemporary and the MK bus stops...

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2014, 04:28 PM
Ok, just looked at Google Earth. Looks like we came in on Reams Road, then onto Center Drive, and then Floridian Way. At least that's what it looks like. Winter Garden Vineland Road sounds familiar too. There are several subdivisions in that area so who knows which one we drove through. Thanks for the help. I hate when I can't remember something. It can drive me crazy for days even tho it's not at all important. Lol.