PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands from last trip

Scrappy2
03-30-2014, 08:28 AM
We went to Disney last year during the Magic Band testing. I am planing another trip later this year. My old MB is still showing linked to my My Disney Experience account. Will they send new bands closer to my trip or will I use the previous bands? My old room key and ticket is still linked as well.

VWL Mom
03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
I was looking this up yesterday since I have a band plus an AP band and two upcoming trips which want me to select 2 more bands so you will get new bands. You can select which bands you want to use. According to Disney my AP will be associated with all the bands.

MagicBand & Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
Q.
Can I reuse my MagicBand or card the next time I visit Walt Disney World Resort?
A.
Yes. If you have a MagicBand or card that you like, and it is in working condition, you can continue to use it when you return to Walt Disney World Resort.

MagicBands are currently being tested by a limited number of pre-selected Guests. Due to the nature of the test, we are unable to accommodate requests to participate.

If you have multiple MagicBands or cards, you can manage which ones are active in the MagicBand section of My Profile.

I really don't want a new band for each trip but don't know how to stop getting them. :(

DKA041177
03-30-2014, 10:20 AM
You would think that re-using the bands would be encouraged.

DizneyRox
03-30-2014, 04:24 PM
You would think that re-using the bands would be encouraged.
Well, if the batteries die, they can't keep track of where you are...

CanadianWDWFan
03-30-2014, 08:43 PM
We went to Disney last year during the Magic Band testing. I am planing another trip later this year. My old MB is still showing linked to my My Disney Experience account. Will they send new bands closer to my trip or will I use the previous bands? My old room key and ticket is still linked as well.

I was looking this up yesterday since I have a band plus an AP band and two upcoming trips which want me to select 2 more bands so you will get new bands. You can select which bands you want to use. According to Disney my AP will be associated with all the bands.

I really don't want a new band for each trip but don't know how to stop getting them. :(
They will send you knew bands if you opt to have them shipped to your home. If you don't customize them they will ship to your resort. When you check in decline the new bands. They will be recycled for reuse. At least this is what I was told in an email that I sent in to Disney asking about this same question.

I have a band from a December trip, an AP band and three sets for three reservations we have later this year. Split stays even get new bands. So hopefully by not customizing them and then refusing them at check in will resolve the possibility of having five bands for each of us.