PDA

View Full Version : magic bands

moe513
03-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Do these bands come off. I don't want to have to sleep in them. thx

VWL Mom
03-29-2014, 08:30 PM
They can be taken off, They are like a watch band with fasteners on the ends.

DKA041177
03-30-2014, 10:18 AM
That is a relief!!

texas211
03-30-2014, 12:58 PM
If you are a guy, or have larger wrists, you'll have to wear your band on a lanyard or carry it in your pocket.

I've been told some hotels still have alternate cards available. CBR does not.

yankeesfan123
03-30-2014, 02:13 PM
According to Disney, the MB is just an added accessory.

You should be able to just get a regular card with RFID capabilities that will do everything a MB can do.

I'm surprised to hear that CBR doesn't offer this... It's supposed to be offered everywhere.

greengeen
03-30-2014, 02:53 PM
When we went last week and stayed at BWV we asked for RFID key cards. The CM told us they would open the room door and nothing else. So they're really trying to FORCE the magic bands, which no one in my family wants to wear, EVER. Fortunately we have Annual Passes, don't charge to the room, don't ever do the dining plan, and don't care about fast passes. So we don't need magic bands.

I suggest everyone who thinks magic bands are a dumb idea email customer relations and state that opinion! IMO, they will be gone in a couple of years.

faline
03-30-2014, 03:35 PM
We didn't sleep in ours - took them off every evening.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Not sure how I'm going to feel about the MB's. I hate wearing anything on my wrist, I never wear a watch or bracelet. Would hate to have to wear it on a lanyard as well, so I'll see how it goes. Not crazy about all the fast pass + either with all the scheduling. It's fine that we scheduled our meals, but having to schedule rides is just getting a bit too structured. I want to enjoy my time and not have to be rushing to be anywhere at a certain time, unless it's for a meal. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled about our upcoming trip! Just stressing a little with all the changes :) I'm sure all will turn out well! :mickey:

azcavalier
03-31-2014, 11:01 AM
So, we just ordered our Annual Passes, which i'm assuming will be cards with RFID chips. Our first trip, we're actually staying off site. Could we even get Magic Bands if we wanted to? Do you have to be a WDW Resort Hotel guest to get Magic Bands?