PDA

View Full Version : Festival of the Lion King

akaDisneyDreamer
03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
I heard they were moving this show to Africa. Does anyone know if it's up and running again yet, and if not, when it will be? Planning to be there in May and would hate to miss this favorite attraction.

BrerGnat
03-29-2014, 04:33 PM
Not yet. Rumor is it returns sometime in May. No firm date yet.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Not yet. Rumor is it returns sometime in May. No firm date yet.

OOOOH! I wonder if it's true and how early! That would MAKE my trip! :simba:

BrerGnat
03-30-2014, 07:33 AM
OOOOH! I wonder if it's true and how early! That would MAKE my trip! :simba:

It's definitely coming back. I have a solid "source" (I'm friends with one of the lead roles). I know for a fact that they are currently in rehearsals. The exact date has not been published yet, but late May/early June is the target time period for return.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-30-2014, 07:56 AM
That's great its in our top three attractions for this park:thumbsup:

akaDisneyDreamer
03-30-2014, 11:56 AM
My trip is in mid-May ... I sure hope it's up and running by then! I can't imagine going to WDW without seeing that show!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2014, 12:08 PM
It's definitely coming back. I have a solid "source" (I'm friends with one of the lead roles). I know for a fact that they are currently in rehearsals. The exact date has not been published yet, but late May/early June is the target time period for return.

I knew it was coming back--I just can't wait! We are going early to mid-May--hope it happens!

BrerGnat
03-30-2014, 12:16 PM
I knew it was coming back--I just can't wait! We are going early to mid-May--hope it happens!

I meant to say it's definitely coming back in Africa. :)

Zawadi
03-30-2014, 02:04 PM
My money is on a new version of the show along the lines of the performance at Disneyland Hong Kong

BrerGnat
03-30-2014, 02:29 PM
My money is on a new version of the show along the lines of the performance at Disneyland Hong Kong

Some of the current cast previously worked at HK Disneyland...

lindique
03-30-2014, 06:45 PM

Can you please explain what the differences are?

grumpyguy
03-31-2014, 07:23 AM
FOTLK is the best show !! I was chosen to lead the warthog section once !! anxious to see the new production in September:thumbsup: