PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh?

Jmulvaney
03-29-2014, 12:32 AM
I have an ADR for Marrakesh our first night (8/29), and while DH and I both enjoy Morrocan cuisine, I've read so many negative reviews that I'm having second thoughts. Should I keep it, and if not, what would be a good replacement? Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-29-2014, 07:55 AM
I've always really enjoyed Marrakesh. I suppose if you're not into Moroccan cuisine it might not be good, but if you are it's great. Good atmosphere and food.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-29-2014, 08:21 AM
I like the cuisine but we did not like this restaurant. The bread and salad and service was good and the belly dancer entertaining but the main entrees and dessert were terrible...we had the feast dinner with a little of everything. The lamb was stringy and greasy and the couscous just not good, the kabobs while okay definitely not the best we've had. I would eat somewhere else and get my Morrocan fix at the quick service restaurant which is said to be very good.:sick: Just my opinion

Melanie
03-29-2014, 08:33 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Moroccan cuisine, but can usually find something I like anywhere. But with that said, the atmosphere was exactly what I didn't care for at this restaurant. We were jammed in a corner, way away from the live entertainment. The dining room is large and we found the waiting area very crowded. It was a one and done thing for us. Sorry. :(

DKA041177
03-29-2014, 10:28 AM
I have always been afraid to try this...just because. But my lovely wife has finally convinced me to give it a try on our trip in September. Wish me luck!!!

Scallywag
03-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Maybe swap it out with a dinner in France, Italy or Mexico. They are all pretty good. Coral Reef isn't too far from WS and we have always liked it there as well.

Good Luck!

MargaretMessler
03-29-2014, 03:34 PM
We had dinner there last year and we enjoyed the meal very much. I did think it was perhaps a little overpriced, but TS dinners at WDW tend to get expensive. The food was good, service was quick and friendly.

That being said, I also tried the QS Tangerine Café on my fall trip, the food there was great and very reasonably priced for what you get.

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2014, 04:01 PM
My experience with the Marrakesh was during one of the free dining periods (not that I was doing free dining, but I'm sure a lot of people there were). It was not a good experience. They had people crammed in like sardines; in fact, they were taking chairs from the waiting area to use in the dining room. The service was mediocre and the bellydancing was too far away to be appreciated. I'll admit that that may have been an exceptionally busy evening, but it was such that I have no desire to go back and try it again. I'll stick with the Tangerine Cafe if I'm in the mood for Moroccan cuisine.

Jmulvaney
03-29-2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the advice. I switched my plans around and booked Hollywood Brown Derby.

SBETigg
03-29-2014, 05:34 PM
I've always really enjoyed Marrakesh. I suppose if you're not into Moroccan cuisine it might not be good, but if you are it's great. Good atmosphere and food.

In honor of Ellen, I have to point out that Marrakesh might not fit the bill if you're used to really good middle eastern and Moroccan food. She had access to some great restaurants living in the NY area, and she always pointed this out when someone asked about Marrakesh (miss her).

But, the food at Tangierine Cafe, the quick service, is good. At Marrakesh, it's good if you're new to Moroccan but maybe a let down if you've been around Moroccan food and might have higher expectations.

amorillo
03-29-2014, 06:18 PM
I'm always amazed with the wide variety of reviews for this restaurant. We've eaten here many, many times over the years (in fact my son chose this restaurant for his 11th b-day dinner). Luckily, we've never seen it as crowded as another member commented; in fact the majority of the time it has been quite empty. The service has always been good, the entertainment wonderful (yes disney has been able to even get my son to belly dance a few times), and the food has always been tasty. Regardless of reviews I always attempt every restaurant once, people's tastes vary so much, you never know...