PDA

View Full Version : Your Breakfast Preference, Please?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Our upcoming May trip is a last-minute thing, and I'm scrambling (no pun intended :blush: ) to score one last ressie. We are trying to keep this trip relaxed and not schedule too much during the evening hours. I'm leaning more towards lighter meals in the heat, too. I was thinking about a nice breakfast for one of the days. Which would you choose and why? I've eaten at these places but not for breakfast (except Kona). , Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe, Ohana, Akershus (actually done that one, too). Was hoping to get into 1900 Park Fare, but no luck so far. Or other suggestions?

TheDuckRocks
03-27-2014, 09:12 AM
If it doesn't have to be a character breakfast our 2 favorites are Kona Café and the Grand Floridian Café.

BrerGnat
03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
We love Captain's Grill at the YC for breakfast.

KylesMom
03-27-2014, 09:17 AM
Crystal Palace has always had a nice breakfast spread - something for everyone, and then you can head right out for Magic Kingdom fun. Chef Mickey's has also been a family hit for us, just because you can't go wrong starting your day with Mickey and the "Celebrate" song. :mickey: We've tried O'Hana but quite honestly were not thrilled with the food selection nor the experience in general. And this was when my DS was really into Stitch . . .

If you are looking for something that is non-character themed, Whispering Canyon at Wilderness Lodge is a good location with plentiful food. It's a very good value for the $$$.

BayLaker25
03-27-2014, 09:59 AM
If you want a character breakfast I would say Crystal Palace especially if you can make it before the park opens. They have a great buffet and an omelet station where they will make chocolate chips pancakes to order. I do not believe Chef Mickey's has this. If it doesn't have to be a character breakfast I love Kona for the Tonga Toast.

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2014, 10:13 AM
If you want a character breakfast I would say Crystal Palace especially if you can make it before the park opens.
:ditto:
One of our fondest memories was walking up a deserted Main Street, there was no on on it but us! It was surreal. We walked right up to the Partners statue and had a picture taken of all of us with no one else around. Oh and the food was pretty good to. :D

faline
03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
And, if you don't want characters, I would second the suggestion of the Grand Floridian Cafe.

I haven't tried it but I understand The Wave at the Contemporary also serves breakfast.

cer
03-27-2014, 10:58 AM
It wasn't on your list, but Boma has a wonderful breakfast buffet.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Does not have to be a character breakfast at all. Had seriously considered Crystal Palace, because my DH has commented he always wondered what that was like. DD and I ate there for lunch one day, and were a bit overwhelmed by the noise level of all the excited Pooh fans accompanying the characters around the room....Pretty place, and we've entered the park early before for the castle breakfast--I dooo love that part!! Booked Ohana just in case for a different day, but would rather have it on our MK day to keep it simple....Just not sure what exactly to choose.

SurferStitch
03-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Our favorite breakfast spot is the Grand Floridian Cafe. We absolutely love the food and atmosphere there, and you can have a Grand Mimosa!!

I'm a huge Lilo and Stitch fan, so I have to say that's another favorite. :thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2014, 11:51 AM
And apparently I don't have a lot left available....

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Our favorite breakfast spot is the Grand Floridian Cafe. We absolutely love the food and atmosphere there, and you can have a Grand Mimosa!!

I'm a huge Lilo and Stitch fan, so I have to say that's another favorite. :thumbsup:

I hadn't considered that one. Looking it up for breakfast now. Ate lunch there once...Thanks! :wave:

Hammer
03-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I recommend breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe as well. It is almost always our last breakfast at WDW before we drive back to my Mom's in Tampa. They have Lobster Eggs Benedict; need I say more :tasty: ?

Melanie
03-27-2014, 12:28 PM
Funny, the only time I ate at Grand Flo Cafe, I didn't care for it at all. I think my feeling on the entire resort is just bleh. lol

My favorite breakfast on property is Kona. And I love Ohana as well.

MNNHFLTX
03-27-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm not a big buffet or character meal fan, so out of the all the restaurants mentioned in your original post, the Kona Cafe would be my pick (and the food is fabulous, of course). If you don't mind going to Downtown Disney, the Rainforest Cafe also serves a great breakfast, including Tonga Toast.

Hammer
03-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Funny, the only time I ate at Grand Flo Cafe, I didn't care for it at all. I think my feeling on the entire resort is just bleh. lol

My favorite breakfast on property is Kona. And I love Ohana as well.

That is funny, Mel, as I would say the same thing about the Kona Cafe breakfast (I have my flame retardant suit on :) :laughing: ). I thought Kona Cafe was good, but not as fantastic as many people think. I enjoyed lunch and dinner there more. I'm also just "eh" about the Poly, too. I've stayed there and love the multiple transportation options, but the decor at the Poly is not my style.

Melanie
03-27-2014, 02:46 PM
That is funny, Mel, as I would say the same thing about the Kona Cafe breakfast (I have my flame retardant suit on :) :laughing: ). I thought Kona Cafe was good, but not as fantastic as many people think. I enjoyed lunch and dinner there more. I'm also just "eh" about the Poly, too. I've stayed there and love the multiple transportation options, but the decor at the Poly is not my style.

:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2014, 02:51 PM
The Poly is REALLY my style, but I LOVE the GF, too. Can't get in to 1900 PF, but I'm going to keep trying. Who knows? I would be fine with Kona or Ohana, but I hope the lobby is not going to be a construction zone, and I'm thinking it may be in May, based on what I'm reading....
:unsure:

twinboyz
03-27-2014, 03:51 PM
We have eaten breakfast at Kona Cafe and loved it.
The WAVE at the Contemporary also has good food for breakfast.

We have ressies in May for breakfast at Kona. I do wonder about the lobby construction though.

natedog24
03-27-2014, 07:39 PM
Surprised no one mentioned Tusker House for breakfast.
That has become my favorite breakfast in WDW as they have more than just the same breakfast options every other restaurant has...

Close second is Crystal Palace... Mostly based on location and atmosphere, but like many have said, the food is good too!

WDWForever
03-27-2014, 08:56 PM
For character breakfasts and get into parks early - Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Hollywood & Vine

For character breakfasts - Cape May, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey

Non-character - The Wave

Guinevere
03-27-2014, 10:28 PM
I'm not a big buffet or character meal fan, so out of the all the restaurants mentioned in your original post, the Kona Cafe would be my pick (and the food is fabulous, of course). If you don't mind going to Downtown Disney, the Rainforest Cafe also serves a great breakfast, including Tonga Toast.

When did you have breakfast at Rainforest?? On the Disney reservation site it says they only have lunch and dinner? I am really interested in the Tonga Toast, and since we are staying at POR, DD would be easier. Thanks!

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Cape May has a character breakfast at the BC, we're giving it a try in November

MNNHFLTX
03-28-2014, 10:46 AM
When did you have breakfast at Rainforest?? On the Disney reservation site it says they only have lunch and dinner? I am really interested in the Tonga Toast, and since we are staying at POR, DD would be easier. Thanks!So sorry, you're right--it was the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom that we used to eat breakfast at, not the Downtown Disney one. I forgot. :blush:

whitney37354
03-28-2014, 11:06 AM
I really liked both O'hana & Kona. Depends on whether you want characters or not.

Figment104
03-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Another fun breakfast option is Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Good food, and lots of fun, though a bit noisy at times :mickey:

Guinevere
03-28-2014, 06:42 PM
So sorry, you're right--it was the Rainforest at Animal Kingdom that we used to eat breakfast at, not the Downtown Disney one. I forgot. :blush:

Thank you, Thank you!! :thumbsup: That works out perfect for us, I just made a reservation for our AK day! Now I don't have to worry about taking several buses to get to the Poly.
I love these boards!!:rocks:

MNNHFLTX
03-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank you, Thank you!! :thumbsup: That works out perfect for us, I just made a reservation for our AK day! Now I don't have to worry about taking several buses to get to the Poly.
I love these boards!!:rocks:Glad it worked out for you. :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Doesn't matter to me where I eat breakfast at WDW as long as I eat my Mickey waffles :tasty: :mickey: