PDA

View Full Version : 5 people?

thejens
03-27-2014, 12:47 AM
I think there are some resorts in which 5 people can stay in one room? I'd like to bring 3 adults and 2 children. Is this possible?

AgentC
03-27-2014, 04:10 AM
All of the deluxes except Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom sleep 5. They usually have 2 queen beds and a day bed.

You could also do some of the DVC one bedroom units (Animal Kingdom or Bay Lake), an Art of Animation suite or a Fort a Wilderness cabin.

mook3y
03-27-2014, 05:20 AM
Also, at the moderate level, Port Orleans Riverside has rooms that sleep 5. They have a fold down bed that would sleep a child. An average sized adult would not be able to sleep on this bed, but a child 10/11 under should be comfortable on it.

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2014, 07:13 AM
I believe you will also pay an an additional daily fee for the third adult at the regular resorts.

AgentC
03-27-2014, 07:53 AM
I believe you will also pay an an additional daily fee for the third adult at the regular resorts.

Yes, that is correct. Unless it has changed recently, it is $25 at a deluxe. I think $10 or $15 at a moderate. It has been awhile since I stayed in a moderate with 3 adults. There is no additional charge at the DVC resorts.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-28-2014, 01:34 PM
We are a family of five and have both - one room that sleeps 5 and also two connecting rooms. We like the two connecting rooms better because of the two bathrooms. Whichever works well though.

MizMissy
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM

My children (11 and 14) are "adults" at disney for dining and park tickets ... are they also "adults" for an extra room fee? I do not think we have had a trip since they were in the adult category.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-28-2014, 02:49 PM
My children (11 and 14) are "adults" at Disney for dining and park tickets ... are they also "adults" for an extra room fee? I do not think we have had a trip since they were in the adult category.

Nope.

The term "adult" for resort occupancy purposes is defined as 18+.

moe513
03-29-2014, 08:32 PM
We are a family of 5. We prefer to squish into one deluxe room rather than get 2 moderate rooms because the deluxe have better locations. I think price wise you can get 2 moderate rooms for the price of 1 deluxe. Two moderates give you much more space plus 2 tvs and 2 bathrooms.

azcavalier
04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
What about the Swan/Dolphin? Do they have rooms that sleep five? I was seeing that I could possibly get the educator's discount. If that's so, we would give them a try.

Mitzie
04-22-2014, 02:52 PM
We are a family of 5 and as others have posted most dlx will accommodate 5 in one room. Just last week we stayed 2 nights at POR and my DS who is about 6 ft tall slept on the fold down bed and it wasn't bad. His biggest complaint was there was nothing to stop his pillow from falling off the end. I was surprised about how large it was. I also believe OKW one bedroom units will sleep 5 with a fold out couch and fold out chair. If bottom dollar is what you are looking at...one room at POR is our absolute cheapest route to go at WDW.

Mitzie
04-22-2014, 02:54 PM
What about the Swan/Dolphin? Do they have rooms that sleep five? I was seeing that I could possibly get the educator's discount. If that's so, we would give them a try.

We did stay at the Dolphin once and they put a roll away in the room to fit 5. Also used the educator's discount which made it a nice price for that location. Bathroom set up was rough though. One sink sits in an L shape and can be hard for more than one to get ready at.