PDA

View Full Version : Old FastPass Areas?

jaredkari
03-26-2014, 04:37 PM
Just got back from a one day crazy trip to MK and Epcot had a blast but not a huge fan of FP+.

Here is my question/Imagineering idea topic:

What to do with the old FastPass distribution areas?

If they are not going to be used for FP anymore how do you repurpose them? My suggestion would be to make small, shaded playgrounds themed around the attraction. They need more places for parents to sit and hang out with kids while another parents rides a ride. I realize this doesn't work for every attraction (Soarin', Peter Pan, etc) but could work great for some (Tower of Terror, Rockn Rollercoaster, Space Mtn, Big Thunder). Your thoughts???:mickey:

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Interesting idea!

I would love to see Disney install a bunch of eco-friendly water stations where you can refill your water bottle with filtered water, for free. I realize that wouldn't take up as much space as the FP stations did though. Maybe a combination of water station and cool-down station with those awesome misting machines.

Scallywag
03-26-2014, 05:18 PM
I like both ideas. We use the rider switch tickets a lot. My 3 year old is still too short for the bigger rides and we sometimes struggle to keep him occupied while we take turns riding. Maybe some kind of interactive set up like they have in some of the lines. ( HM, WP etc. )

TinkerbellT421
03-26-2014, 06:26 PM
I really wish they would put the FP+ machines in those old existing areas. Right now they have the FP+ machines located in sometimes the most inconveniently located places possible...I don't know why they just don't allow people to go up to the ball things at the ride, swip their band and bam they got a fp for that ride, same way as the old system minus the paper....I feel they complicated the whole system way more than it needed to be....