PDA

View Full Version : Availability of Villas at Grand Californian During Spring Break

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Does anyone have any experience or general sense of the likelihood that I will be able to get a villa at the Grand Californian over spring break next year? All of our points are at DVC properties at WDW, so we'd have only the 7-month booking window at the Grand Californian. I know that there are relatively few DVC rooms at that resort, and spring break is a popular travel time.

Aurora
04-01-2014, 07:26 PM
We were thinking of a trip there last summer but I kept missing getting up really early in the morning at the 7-month mark. For a few days, every day, by the time I looked later in the morning, there were no rooms available. All I can say is call or be online first thing at 7 months and hope you get lucky.

VWL Mom
04-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Just a few hints for attempting VGC at anytime which I learned from member services.

have your points ready and know which ones your using
if possible, try not to check in on a weekend - it's also good to have a couple different check in dates in mind
be signed in and ready at 7:59, hit search at 8:00
book it for 1 person being the member that autofills

My first try they were gone before 805A, second day I was able to get a 2 bedroom for June.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
04-23-2014, 10:46 AM
We decided on Thanksgiving week instead of spring break (our kids' spring breaks do not line up next year). Just booked a one-bedroom villa at the Grand Californian this morning at the 7-month booking window and got the entire week - Sunday to Sunday. Very excited!

VWL Mom
04-23-2014, 02:18 PM
We decided on Thanksgiving week instead of spring break (our kids' spring breaks do not line up next year). Just booked a one-bedroom villa at the Grand Californian this morning at the 7-month booking window and got the entire week - Sunday to Sunday. Very excited!

:yay: