PDA

View Full Version : Disney Studios-Ideas on how they will handle the crowd?

Terra
03-24-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm assuming that the Star Wars Weekend that Mark Hamill is there will be outrageous.

How will they handle the crowd? Do you think they will let you come park early? Be there hours before at the gates?
Will they let you sleep in a line?:blush:

we are thinking of going for one of those days, just not sure exactly how crazy it will be.

Strmchsr
03-24-2014, 09:38 PM
In the past folks have come in at 3 or 4 am. Probably folks will wait all night for Mark Hammil. I'm sure the park will reach capacity in a hurry.

Terra
03-24-2014, 11:15 PM
So they will let you wait at the ticket gates?

tink'72
03-25-2014, 10:00 AM
The year we went Billy Dee Williams was there one day. As we were leaving the park the night before people were already camped out at the gates to get in the next day.

Strmchsr
03-25-2014, 10:19 AM
So they will let you wait at the ticket gates?

Yes. There's a special line for people who want to meet the celebrities. You get a Fastpass to meet one of them. There's another line for people who don't want to meet the celebrities and just want to get into the park. Usually that's my pick. We arrive around 6:30 am for that and the line is already decent size.

Terra
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Thank you!!

I think my sister in law and I are going to try to go!

i'm grumpy
03-26-2014, 01:21 PM
We just happened to be there the day Star Tours re-opened. It was nuts. You couldn't get anywhere. I'm still trying to figure out why radio stations were there. :laughing:

Terra
03-26-2014, 08:32 PM
We just happened to be there the day Star Tours re-opened. It was nuts. You couldn't get anywhere. I'm still trying to figure out why radio stations were there. :laughing:

Yeah I figured it will be wall to wall people. I wonder if we should just skip actually waiting in line for hours just to say hi, and just go for the atmosphere.

My SIL is coming from Ohio to visit and she's a Star Wars fan as well, and it would be fun just for her to see the parade and all the characters walking around.

DKA041177
03-27-2014, 09:05 AM
I can only imagine that when you compbine WDW love, with Star Wars love, with Luke Skywalker himself, then you have folks lining up VERY early.

CaptSmee
03-29-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm assuming that the Star Wars Weekend that Mark Hamill is there will be outrageous.

How will they handle the crowd? Do you think they will let you come park early? Be there hours before at the gates?
Will they let you sleep in a line?:blush:

we are thinking of going for one of those days, just not sure exactly how crazy it will be.

I was thinking the same thing, that the place will be jam packed!

KEYONNAH
03-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Will the buses be running early that day?

epceddie
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM
The year we went Billy Dee Williams was there one day. As we were leaving the park the night before people were already camped out at the gates to get in the next day.

That's sick. Those people should have their heads examined.

JerseyDad
03-30-2014, 08:32 AM
.....of course how THEY (WDW) handles the crowds for Star Wars / Mark Hamill is anyone's guess.

....how I would do it: I'd go to Epcot.

....best crowd control idea on the planet ...or a galaxy far, far away.

Terra
03-30-2014, 10:05 PM
That's sick. Those people should have their heads examined.
Eh, everyone has different interests. It may not be for you. But doesn't mean others "sick". So let's keep it a little nice here ;)

How old are you by chance? I was born in 71. I was there the first time around for the hype. It was fun. Sometimes reliving old memories is fun! Don't know if we'll camp out. I've BTDT, but it may be interesting.

.....of course how THEY (WDW) handles the crowds for Star Wars / Mark Hamill is anyone's guess.

....how I would do it: I'd go to Epcot.

....best crowd control idea on the planet ...or a galaxy far, far away.

Sounds like a good plan for you ;)
However this thread was discussing the what if's and hows of it.

Strmchsr
03-31-2014, 09:33 PM
Since it's been announced Mark Hammil will be in the parade, if you don't want to camp out to get an autograph, your best bet will be to stake out a VERY early spot on the parade route. I mean, normal years the parade route is almost 3 rows deep by 30-45 min before the parade starts and will probably be worse that weekend. So I'd say grab your spot a couple of hours before and you'll be guaranteed to see him.

FutureEnjoyment
04-01-2014, 11:43 AM

How will they handle the crowd?

1- Do you think they will let you come park early?

2- Be there hours before at the gates?

3- Will they let you sleep in a line?:blush:

we are thinking of going for one of those days, 4- just not sure exactly how crazy it will be.

1- They do that for SWW already.
2- Some guests will do that.
3- Just like waiting for the new iPhone. ;)
4- At least 2-4 times more crazy than the usual SWW crazy.

Terra
04-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Since it's been announced Mark Hammil will be in the parade, if you don't want to camp out to get an autograph, your best bet will be to stake out a VERY early spot on the parade route. I mean, normal years the parade route is almost 3 rows deep by 30-45 min before the parade starts and will probably be worse that weekend. So I'd say grab your spot a couple of hours before and you'll be guaranteed to see him.
Okay, I LOVE that plan!! This is what SIL and I will do! I'd much rather see him in a parade. The autograph thing, eh. I don't really need that.
thank you!

1- They do that for SWW already.
2- Some guests will do that.
3- Just like waiting for the new iPhone. ;)
4- At least 2-4 times more crazy than the usual SWW crazy.

LOL, thank goodness I'm not into iPhones!
So I'm going to plan on doing very little attraction wise and just take in the people watching/characters all around!!!
Thanks!

joanna71985
04-04-2014, 01:50 PM
I heard he won't be doing the autograph sessions, just the parade and shows

LVT
04-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Yes the crowds are nuts. I still enjoy seeing all the costumed characters and the parade. There are a lot of characters wandering as well as the extra meet and greet Disney versions of the SW characters. I look, take photos from a distance and Shop.
They have a very large and well organized shopping tent with Air conditioning, set up behind the tower of terror. Just follow the signs.
Our favorite extra character is a woman suited up as a bounty hunter. She primarily interacts with children.

Terra
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
I heard he won't be doing the autograph sessions, just the parade and shows

Interesting! It would probably be even more of a madhouse if he did.
I'm not even finding in FP+ items available for the SWW in May on MDE. Just the normal options.
We've decided to do the parade thing. And get a seat about 4 hours in advance. And rotate who does stuff. While the other saves the spots.

joanna71985
04-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Interesting! It would probably be even more of a madhouse if he did.
I'm not even finding in FP+ items available for the SWW in May on MDE. Just the normal options.
We've decided to do the parade thing. And get a seat about 4 hours in advance. And rotate who does stuff. While the other saves the spots.

None of the SWW-exclusive items are FPed through MDE. It is a separate process for the celebrity FPs

Terra
04-10-2014, 06:10 PM
None of the SWW-exclusive items are FPed through MDE. It is a separate process for the celebrity FPs

Interesting. How do you find out about it?

Strmchsr
04-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Interesting. How do you find out about it?

There are specific lines you have to wait in on SWW mornings to get a FP for the celebrity autographs. That's the only reason people camp out all night. And one word of advice - either go to the Darth Maul (the shopping area) immediately upon opening or wait until late in the afternoon (after 4 pm or so). From about 30 min after opening up until late afternoon you can wait in line 2-3 hours just to get in because of all of the folks wanting the exclusive items.

Terra
04-10-2014, 09:28 PM
Thanks!
I don't think we're really interested in getting an autograph or purchasing any special items. Other than a mug maybe ;)

Seeing him in the parade will be good for us.
I just have no desire to camp out all night and then going in feeling gross because I couldn't take a shower and get ready! LOL