PDA

View Full Version : Which Luggage Brand Do You Like?

mickeys_princess_mom
03-23-2014, 09:42 PM
I think we are going to have to break down and buy some new luggage before our next trip. We have worn these suitcases out, but they have been on some great trips! :mickey:
What brand do you like, and how do you feel about the ones that have the wheels where you can roll them standing straight up?....That kind of appeals to me....I've seen them "gorilla-toss" the luggage up on the wagons from the plane so many times that I can't see spending a fortune, but I want something decent. Whatdya think, friends?

:thanks:

Melanie
03-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I got some new Samsonite a couple years ago, and I love it. The spinner, or 'all wheel drive' as I like to call it, is THE BEST! Do it! I've lived and traveled internationally, and luggage is just something we don't scrimp on. There is a lot to be said for traveling with ease.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-23-2014, 10:18 PM
I got some new Samsonite a couple years ago, and I love it. The spinner, or 'all wheel drive' as I like to call it, is THE BEST! Do it! I've lived and traveled internationally, and luggage is just something we don't scrimp on. There is a lot to be said for traveling with ease.

Thanks! I love it-"all wheel drive"! :D

CanadianWDWFan
03-23-2014, 10:35 PM
We got a brand new set of both hard sided and soft sided Heys for travelling through Europe last summer. The set came with the carry on size inside the medium size for the price of just the medium. Both pieces have the four wheel spinner design. We got them at Costco for a really good deal. I saw them again at Costco this weekend for a good price, not as good we got it for last year though.

MNNHFLTX
03-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Samsonite is my brand of choice, and my last purchase was a flexible hard-sided 24-inch with the spinner wheels. Great suitcase!

DizneyRox
03-24-2014, 06:55 AM
We bought a set of clamshell Samsonite luggage probably like 15+ years ago, they are still working great, we've travelled a ton and they held up excellent. The problem is the weight. With the airline weight restrictions and the insane charges for going over that weight, we had to sideline those.

Three years ago, we picked up a set of IT Luggage (aka worlds lightest luggage) and have been very happy. They don't feel as sturdy as the old ones, but we now clock in well under the 50lbs limit.

We haven't had any trouble with damage etc...

Storage is also something to consider, we cruise a bunch and there really not a lot of room to store the big bulky bags that have no give.

We saw them originally at AAA, but ordered them online...

dreaming of wdw
03-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Heys gets my vote too. I have a 3 piece set of their spinner luggage. It's very lightweight and extremely durable. Plus it's available in a lot of funky patterns and colors so you're sure to find something you like.

BrerGnat
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Costco has some amazing prices on luggage. I just bought a 2 piece set of hard side Kenneth Cole brand spinner wheel cases. It was a 27" plus a 20" for only $150. They also had Samsonite but they didn't feel very sturdy to me and I liked the organizational features of the KC brand.

Our first set of luggage was purchased for under $200 at Target in 2000. We still have two pieces. Those things have just gone on and on. We bought a Swiss Gear 28" soft sided suitcase for $89 on clearance at Target last year and I love it. It is so sturdy. So, we have mismatched luggage, and I don't care. We also have a great wheeled duffel (also from Costco) that we always travel with as well. I prefer buying pieces as I come across good deals.

TheDuckRocks
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Heys is the brand we switched to last year. Love them! I like the hard sides, the super lite weight and I've got the most outrageous patterns ever (I figure nobody will be walking off with them "by accident").:D I purchased mine at TJ Maxx for a super low price.