PDA

View Full Version : MK/HS Scheduling for Friday May 23rd

Spaceship Tigger
03-22-2014, 07:14 PM
I've been trying to work through a scheduling difficulty for our trip at the end of May... we are wanting to do either MK or HS on Friday the 23rd. The big issue is that day is Star Wars weekends at HS and the crazy 24 hour day at MK. I guess my question is, which would be preferable crowd-wise? We tend to go at opening and stay in the park until around 2PM. Then we head back to the resort and will be in Epcot at night.

I've heard that Star Wars weekends at HS are packed but the ride lines aren't that long. We would just be there for the rides/food and not getting in any Star Wars lines. I have hardly any info on the 24 hour MK day, but I've heard that the park can really fill up during the day.

:confused::confused::confused:

AgentC
03-23-2014, 01:04 AM
If the pattern holds , MK should be okay until 2. It normally has average volume during the day. It tends to o build in the late afternoon & early evening when all the locals start to show up.

DANAM
03-23-2014, 02:26 PM
We have been several Star Tours Weekends and the only ride we had a long line for was Star Tours. I had the same concerns last year but we didnt experience any of the big crowds everyone warned us about. Except Star Tours! Use fastpass or come back another day just for that ride.

Janmac
03-23-2014, 08:49 PM
We have been several Star Tours Weekends and the only ride we had a long line for was Star Tours. I had the same concerns last year but we didnt experience any of the big crowds everyone warned us about. Except Star Tours! Use fastpass or come back another day just for that ride.

Yes. And I think we might have had more trouble exiting Star Tours than getting on it - the shop was crazy. Packed like sardines.

Jan

MargaretMessler
03-24-2014, 09:22 PM
I was there at park opening for a star wars weekend last May, and although there was an ENORMOUS line waiting to get it at "rope drop", it didn't seem that crowded once we all got in and dispersed. The ride lines were manageable, but the crowds walking about were heavy. We did stay for the parade at noon, and were out of there by 2 but we had done everything, and some things twice.