PDA

View Full Version : Best Rides at night

Bruegge
03-18-2014, 05:26 PM
What is your favorite rides at night.. Obviously we can throw out the indoor rides... but If going EMH nite hours...What do you love or hate in the evening? Any Park...

Going in June... so cold won't be a problem..

Feel Free to list a couple and any "Must Do At Night" Or any "Would Not Do at Night"

thanks

Scott

emerzmom
03-18-2014, 05:30 PM
It is tie between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. They both have cool views of the park at night and the night time just seems to make them more "themed". Lucky they are next door to each other!
:tink:
Julie

MargaretMessler
03-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Tower of Terror is kind of spooky in the twilight. I second Big Thunder as well. Once it's open, the new coaster in Fantasyland may be neat - not sure how much of it is outside, if any.

joonyer
03-18-2014, 08:32 PM
Splash Mountain, during the fireworks. Totally awesome magic. My perfect WDW experience.

natedog24
03-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Another vote for Splash Mountain! Coming around the bend outside near the top is magic when fireworks are happening, and the view of Cinderella's Castle just before the drop is great.

Honorable mention goes to the Astro Orbiter. IMO, so much better at night than during the day.

Awesome_guy
03-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Big Thunder/Splash Mtn.
DEFINITELY Jungle Cruise
TTA Peoplemover

Quadstriker
03-19-2014, 02:03 AM
Raglan Road

why4k
03-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Jungle Cruise and Astro Orbiter are both much better rides at night IMO.

AndrewJackson
03-19-2014, 06:28 AM
I'm not a big fan of Astros Orbiter, but I did it once at night during fireworks, and it was pretty awesome.

Pirate Granny
03-19-2014, 07:43 AM
I like TTA at night during the fireworks or when they have a dance party in tomorrowland.

cer
03-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Basically any of the outdoor attractions...

Jungle Cruise

Big Thunder Mountain

TTA

Dumbo - beautiful at night

Haunted Mansion - adds to the theming

Splash Mountain

Pirates - also theming

Prince Charming Carousel is nice, too.

different park...EXPEDITION EVEREST - if you can get it. difficult because this park closes so early, but it is great at night.

DonaldDuckUSA
03-19-2014, 08:17 AM
BTTM! Of course!

DBF always said BTTM was "okay" or "not his favorite" until he rode it at night. It's significantly more amazing at night. It just seems to move faster!

yjgirl32
03-19-2014, 08:32 AM
I like ToT best. But as many have said BTMRR and SM are very cool too. I did have the pleasure of riding on EE a while back when it was getting dark- that too was neat to ride.

yjgirl32
03-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Also TT isn't bad.

disneymom15
03-19-2014, 10:50 AM
TTA
Big Thunder Mnt
Haunted Mansion

Test Track

EJS-Houston
03-19-2014, 11:11 AM
What is your favorite rides at night.. Obviously we can throw out the indoor rides... but If going EMH nite hours...What do you love or hate in the evening? Any Park...

Going in June... so cold won't be a problem..

Feel Free to list a couple and any "Must Do At Night" Or any "Would Not Do at Night"

thanks

Scott

Love Tower of Terror at Night...when those doors fly open moments before you drop, and you see the expanse of Hollywood Studios lit up before you. Plus it just seems more appropriately scary at night. It seems odd to leave the hotel to walk out into the bright light of day.

Middle of the Map
03-19-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm not a big fan of Astros Orbiter, but I did it once at night during fireworks, and it was pretty awesome.

Another vote for Astro Orbiter. The wait is pure hell, but the view at night is worth it at least once.

I also LOVE Expedition Everest at night.

cer
03-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Love Tower of Terror at Night...when those doors fly open moments before you drop, and you see the expanse of Hollywood Studios lit up before you. Plus it just seems more appropriately scary at night. It seems odd to leave the hotel to walk out into the bright light of day.

I have only done Tower of Terror once and then during the day, but I have to agree that it would be pretty spectacular at night. I imagine the theming of the queue alone would be amazing in the dark...

goofy-4-disney
03-19-2014, 01:09 PM
My two favorite rides to do at night are Splash Mountain and the Jungle Cruise. The big curve near the top of Splash Mountain gives a great view of the park, and fireworks if you time it right. Jungle Cruise has a completely different feel at night. The lines are also pretty short at night time for these rides I've found.

CU Tiger
03-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Mine would be Jungle Cruise - it is a different feelingin the dark:mickey:

Scallywag
03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
I like Thunder mountain @ night.
Dumbo too, the lights are awesome!

DonaldDuckUSA
03-20-2014, 08:53 AM
I know I already answered, but a lot of people are saying Jungle Cruise. I have to agree. The line is significantly shorter and the cast always seems to be more funny at night.

Katzateer
03-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I am surprised Jungle Cruise is a favorite- I thought it wasn't a great ride in the dark. I will have to try on next trip!

I used to love Dumbo at night at its old location. Our tradition was the MVMCP the first night of vacation and always got a beautiful view of the castle riding Dumbo. The new location, not so much.

I like Peter Pan- when you go in when it is dark you see so many more details than going in during the day. Also TTA is beautiful.

mechanic
03-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Btm and dumbo.
But with all the comments I'm definitely trying tta splash mtn. and jungle cruise in july!

buzznwoodysmom
03-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Splash Mountain, during the fireworks. Totally awesome magic. My perfect WDW experience.

This is what I was going to say. Love splash at night, but it's absolutely perfect during the nighttime parade or fireworks.

We also like Big Thunder at night. Jungle Cruise is also better at night, at least my family thinks so.

The new Dumbo is cool at night due to the water lighting effects.

DisneyDawgette
03-22-2014, 09:23 AM
1. Big Thunder Mtn. - it beats Splash only because it's almost completely outside. And you see the castle a LOT!
2. Splash Mountain an easy second because I feel like you get the most complete view of the park from above.
3. Astro Orbiters- we did this for the first time last time and it was awesome. One not awesome part though, was that it was December... Brrrrrr!
4. Tower of Terror- time that baby during Fantasmic and you can ride it in the dark repeatedly!
5. Everest! If it was ever open at night! ><

jclightchasr
03-22-2014, 11:05 AM
Jungle Cruise and Astro Orbiter are both much better rides at night IMO.

Precisely!

And in the don't do at night category I really don't care for AK at dusk, the lighting in certain places is just too dim.

DKA041177
03-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I am always amazed at how a ride can be a completely new experience at night. For me, big thunder mountain for sure.

texas211
03-22-2014, 05:18 PM
People Mover. TL looks awesome at night.

Sylvia
03-23-2014, 01:04 AM
Our favorite in-the-dark park attractions are all in the Magic Kingdom - Peoplemover, Jungle Cruise and Dumbo. My favorite transportation in the dark is the monorail from the TTC to EPCOT.

Our other favorite after dark to-dos aren't single attractions/rides, but the parks themselves -

MK - We love walking through the various lands at night and finishing the day enjoying the lights and music of Main Street USA

EP - As the park starts to empty, we love to casually stroll through World Showcase, and taking our time heading to the exit.

HS - As the park starts to empty, we love to casually stroll through the park, ending on Sunset Blvd. Sunset has been a tradition since the year the studios opened; we always find a bench directly opposite one of the speakers. We relax and listen to the big band music and wait for "Sing Sing Sing" to play. This has always been the way we end each of our days at the studios.

AK - There are so many sounds in Animal Kingdom that are difficult to hear during the day, but after dark when the park is empty, we love to explore the park, listen and try to identify the sounds we hear.

SandmanGStefani24
03-23-2014, 02:42 AM
gonna vote for Test Track and Thunder Mountain.

Honorable Mention to the TTA, Everest, and Splash

CaptSmee
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder & Peoplemover

GeorgeOfTheJungle
03-25-2014, 09:22 AM
Even though they are indoor rides, I really love Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean at night! Just adds to the experience.

I also love:

Test Track
Tower of Terror
Big Thunder
Splash Mountain

FenwayGirl
04-01-2014, 08:09 AM
TTA...love this one at night.

Maddie
04-02-2014, 12:54 PM
My first one is splash mountain during the electrical light parade...so cool to see!
Next is test track... sounds silly because its mostly inside but its really the only epcot ride that goes outside AT ALL so its cool too me.
Third, im not a huge fan of jungle cruise but it is dark out there at night! kind of cool.
Lastly, tower of terror is spooky at night.. very fun.

LudwigVonDrake
04-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Splash Mountain and Big Thunder :mickey:

VacationDisney
04-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Thunder Mountain and the Jungle Cruise:mickey:

Dream'nDisney
04-03-2014, 01:12 PM
I agree with many of the earlier posts, but I guess if I had a favorite attraction to ride at night, it would have to be Haunted Mansion! :mickey:

conan617
04-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Jungle Cruise was a completely different ride to me at night vs. during the day. I thought it was really cool at night - although don't get me wrong it is still fun in the daytime.

The ride home from Raglan Road on the bus at night was a completely different experience than when I got there in the day light, but that's probably not the info you are looking for. :beer:

Tekneek
04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
At MK:

Splash Mountain
Peoplemover / TTA
Jungle Cruise
Big Thunder Mountain

At Epcot:
Test Track / Maelstrom (only outdoor rides anyway)

At DHS:
Tower of Terror (only semi-outdoor ride at night anyway)

At AK:
Never been at night, but I imagine Expedition Everest would be totally awesome in the dark.

TheHD
04-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Splash with a slight edge over Thunder, only because you seem to get a little bit longer view cruising around the bends than you do climbing the Big Thunder Mountain. I prefer WDW to DL on almost everything, but neither of these compares to the nighttime view of Matterhorn.