PDA

View Full Version : Anyone there this week?

Gregandmel
03-18-2014, 01:30 PM
Curious to know how the crowds are this week - the start of Spring Break. With the roll out of the new FP+ during the busy seasonwas wondering how it was affecting any of the touring...better? worse?

mydisneygirls
03-18-2014, 02:04 PM
I am not there, however, I know that a cheering competition is.

AndrewJackson
03-19-2014, 06:36 AM
We are going next week, and leave this Friday. I have been watching the standby times on my iphone app when I get a chance. The standby times don't appear to be longer than they normally are this time of year.

So it appears that FP+ is having little effect on the standby times! now that it has been fully implemented.

yankeesfan123
03-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Don't wanna derail the thread, but "fully implemented" is not true.

Yes, everyone has access to FP+ and they got rid of the loophole of doubling up once legacy FP went away. That was a major cause of long lines.

However, AP and off site guests are certainly still "testing" this system and until Disney officially announces the roll-out, expect changes (seemingly for the better).

Disney seems to be taking it easy, once step at a time in the most basic form. Once every guest has the ability to book FP+ in advance for 3 per day per park, I think you'll see some additional tweaking.

SueQ
03-19-2014, 11:34 AM
We're heading to Disney on 10 days and I was also wondering what the crowds have been like.

We LOVE Disney
03-19-2014, 11:14 PM
I am not there, however, I know that a cheering competition is.

Was there with my daughter's cheer team last weekend :)

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Just heard from a friend of mine who was there last week, when this question was posted. She said the FP+ system worked flawlessly and she loved it. One of their rides was temporarily closed at their FP time. They were emailed as soon as it was up, and offered some suggested times to reschedule their FP+. They were pleased and impressed.

Note to self: Keep phone charged and check email in case anything changes.