PDA

View Full Version : Venting about DH...

minnie04
03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Ok so I have a chance to add an extra day to our Spring Break trip next week. AND of course Debbie downer DH is saying ...Do we really need the whole week? We have been so many times what is another day going to do?? Another day in WDW is just that another DAY in WDW, we can ride things we didn't have time too or the boys can do whatever. I just want to stay because I do!! LOL I know it's petty, but come on.. Let’s just do it what else do we have to do when we get home... I knew I should have grabbed the room originally and said we are going a week. Then he wouldn’t have said anything. He never remembers what I plan. He just goes along with it. Until I make changes then he sees what we are really doing.. :mad: AHHHHH I should just book it. I know what’s going to happen when we are there he is going to say “I don’t care if you guys want to stay we can” that’s what he always does, but I’m not going to have the resort we are in.. And we will probably pay more. Any ideas

buzznwoodysmom
03-18-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh boy, can I relate!!

My DH has enjoyed our Disney trips in the past, but he is in no way as big a fan as the kids and I. As of now DH has zero interest in Disney trips. I think the only way he would go any time soon would be for F&W or to play golf while the rest of us go to the parks. We have managed to add days to the end of most of our trips, but sometimes it's once we are there. Like your DH, mine usually doesn't want to think about staying longer before we get there, but once there he'll say "ok, let's stay one more night". That's why the kids and I like going with my mom when DH has military obligations. She's loves it as much as us and is always willing to get in as many days as we can.

No advise from me, just wanted to say I can relate. Good luck!

SBETigg
03-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Well, the first and last days are compromised, the way I calculate (even if you arrive early and leave late, you know it's not the same as a whole day...). So really a seven day stay only gives you five really good complete days. If you do one park a day, and a day for Downtown Disney or water parks or just to enjoy your resort, that really isn't enough time to indulge and redo favorite things.

A nine night stay is more ideal for me. I could stay longer, but my family is usually ready to head home after that. But you don't want it to be all about rushing and checking things off on a list, so... the extra time helps you to be able to enjoy everything at your own pace, and not worry as much about crowds. It keeps everyone more relaxed. And you might need extra time to figure out the new system.

Maybe approach it that you want the extra day for his sake, so he can relax a little after all the parks and activities. You don't want to come home and need a vacation right after enjoying a vacation. :D

minnie04
03-18-2014, 01:34 PM
Thank you for understanding...lol WELL, I text him a while ago to tell him the resort is taken now. And his response is "KEEP LOOKING" REALLY!!!! You see I should have grabbed it and never said anything until we were there.. lol then I could have told him. 'I’ve always had a 5 day trip planned" He probably would have never remembered the original plans... too funny. Now as soon as I see it open up again I’m grabbing it!!!! MEN!!! And they say we are the difficult ones :D

emerzmom
03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
I can (sort of) relate. My BF is not a WDW fan but he is okay with me going without him. However if I plan more than a few days for my trip he starts asking why. Why so long? Why would you want to be away that long? etc... He just really doesn't get it.
I am happy to hear that your DH told you to "keep looking!" I hope it all works out for you. Please share your trip report when you return. :mickey:
:tink:
Julie

buzznwoodysmom
03-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Thank you for understanding...lol WELL, I text him a while ago to tell him the resort is taken now. And his response is "KEEP LOOKING" REALLY!!!! You see I should have grabbed it and never said anything until we were there.. lol then I could have told him. 'I’ve always had a 5 day trip planned" He probably would have never remembered the original plans... too funny. Now as soon as I see it open up again I’m grabbing it!!!! MEN!!! And they say we are the difficult ones :D

What you should have done is added the extra night then said it was "your surprise to him". LOL.

We had always wanted to stay at the Poly. For a 2009 Thanksgiving trip I "surprised" DH and the kids by extending the trip 3 nights at the Poly. Of course I had to tell DH about the extra nights for work purposes, but I wouldn't tell him which resort. And of course I added the nights before I told him about it. Not proud of that, lol, but sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Of course I could have cancelled the nights if DH was really mad about it. This was our last family trip before DH's deployment, so he was OK with splurging on a longer trip. I wouldn't do something like that under normal circumstances. LOL.

Have you thought about adding the extra night at a different resort. You could stay at a resort you've never been to. Or perhaps a resort you've always wanted to try, but that's too expensive for a weeklong trip. This is how we have tried so many resorts. Just booking a night or two if the cost is too high for a week, or just a few nights if it's a resort I'm not sure we are going to like, but want to try it anyway.

Either way, good luck adding your additional night!

mickeys_princess_mom
03-25-2014, 10:45 AM

Can sooo relate, lol. Like in February when he changed his mind and decided to go after all....one week after I'd cancelled Ohana!....Got it back, though...:)

Tiggerlovr9000
03-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Can sooo relate, lol. Like in February when he changed his mind and decided to go after all....one week after I'd cancelled Ohana!....Got it back, though...:)

Can so relate. When I ask my dh if he wants go to a concert, etc. he will say no. So then I make plans to go without him and he changes his mind to go after all. Lol