PDA

View Full Version : Teppan edo and Tokyo Dining

Bruegge
03-16-2014, 07:48 PM
We love Japanese food... Sushi and the like.

It's been 7 years... so much has changed.

We at at Japan in 2002 or 2003 I cant remember. It was a Benihana type operation. I going to assume Teppan Edo is now the "normal grill table" restaurant.

While all was good... it's still kind of ...well... every city has one Teppanyaki restaurant.

But when I look at Tokyo Dining's menu it mentions "grilled this, grilled that" and I'm concerned...

Do you think it's like Teppanyaki without the grill table or is it much "nicer" higher quality Japanese fair?

MNNHFLTX
03-16-2014, 10:40 PM
No, Tokyo Dining definitely is not like a hibachi grill-type restaurant. In fact, I think they have the grilled offerings to placate customers that might not be into sushi, which is what the restaurant is known for--very good, very fresh sushi. Really, one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney World. If you like sushi, I think will like it very much.

Bruegge
03-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Do you think it's like Teppanyaki without the grill table or is it much "nicer" higher quality Japanese fair?

I meant to type FARE!!! not FAIR..... some foodie I turned out to be...

Crow
03-17-2014, 02:51 AM
No, Tokyo Dining definitely is not like a hibachi grill-type restaurant. In fact, I think they have the grilled offerings to placate customers that might not be into sushi, which is what the restaurant is known for--very good, very fresh sushi. Really, one of my favorite restaurants in all of Disney World. If you like sushi, I think will like it very much.

I agree..service is the best of any of the Disney places.
I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo since the rehab, just because I eat at Tokyo Dining every trip