PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast in another resort?

akaDisneyDreamer
03-15-2014, 06:48 PM
I was wondering if there is an easy way to get to another resort for breakfast? We are staying at ALK, and although the Boma has a fabulous breakfast, I'd love to have some Tonga Toast or pineapple macadamia pancakes at least once on this trip! How do I get to the Poly from AKL that early? :stitch2:

Pastcastmemberdaughter
03-15-2014, 07:07 PM
How early? From my experience, Disney transportation usually starts between 60-90 minutes before park opening. When we go to the Poly for breakfast we usually take a Disney bus to MK and catch the monorail or boat from MK to the Poly. Take about 45-60 minutes to get there but for us no big deal. If time is a concern I would suggest maybe a taxi, but I've never tried that.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Okay, thanks for the information :)

CanadianWDWFan
03-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Whenever we were under any time constraint we would take a cab. Taxis can get you anywhere on property in no more than 15 minutes.

DizneyRox
03-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Getting to Poly, GF and Contemporary is easy, just bus to MK and walk, monorail or boat.

Many of the resorts aren't that lucky however, The Epcot resorts are a bear, although bussing to MGM and walking is an option, just tough for a early breakfast.

Forget about AKL though, if you're not staying there your only real option is a taxi.

#1donaldfan
03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
...just grab a MK bus and take the monorail over......have you thought about the Wave for breakfast ?? It's our second favorite, this side of Boma !!! :thumbsup:

PlutoPlanet
03-17-2014, 12:24 PM
It can be tough to get to another resort for breakfast. Staying at BLT, we wanted to go to Boma at AKL for breakfast (our favorite breakfast in the world). We went to the MK bus station and asked a cast member how to get to AKL. They had a bus make a special trip for us.

jpcns50
03-26-2014, 02:28 PM
We did a similar thing in 2012 when we were there...we stayed at POFQ and had an early Boma reservation (not super early, maybe 830/9)...we took a bus to Animal Kingdom and then we went to the AKL bus stop and waited for a bus to drop someone off there, and when we did, we asked the bus driver if he was going back to AKL and he said he was....

biggins
03-26-2014, 02:58 PM
We've taken a cab many times to go from resort to resort and it's always been fine. You just go to the bell station at eh entrance to the resort and they will get one for you.

akaDisneyDreamer
03-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice! I ended up booking a res for Breakfast at Rainforest Café in AK, since Tonga Toast is on their menu too!