PDA

View Full Version : Rest of AP FP+ Rollout

dnickels
03-13-2014, 02:19 PM
I got an email today saying my AP is now eligible for FP+ service so I logged on and sure enough, i can make them now. Not sure if this is for all passholders yet, but I wasn't in the first testing phase.

Short version of the terms: APs can make 7 days of selections in any 30 day window, and can make their reservations 30 days ahead of time.

KAJUNKING
03-13-2014, 02:22 PM
I will have to go try this! Thanks for the info

DKA041177
03-14-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for passing this along!:mickey:

Wells
03-14-2014, 10:42 AM
You can also order your magic bands......

Daisy'sMom
03-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Now that fast pass+ is available for AP's, I have two questions. The first is what happens if you are going with someone who only has Florida Three Day. We can't book a fast pass for everyone in our party? And why did I have three different attractions, we only wanted to use a fast pass for one attraction. I feel like we will be taking fast passes without using them and someone who wants to can't. :mickey:

1DisneyNut
03-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Now that fast pass+ is available for AP's, I have two questions. The first is what happens if you are going with someone who only has Florida Three Day. We can't book a fast pass for everyone in our party? And why did I have three different attractions, we only wanted to use a fast pass for one attraction. I feel like we will be taking fast passes without using them and someone who wants to can't. :mickey:

If you are going with someone who has 3 day tickets and they are not staying at an onsite resort, well you are screwed. They will only be able to make FP+ selections the day of the visit at an in park kiosk. That is some "Plus Magic" now isn't it? :mad:

AgentC
03-16-2014, 11:32 PM

Currently the system requires everyone to book 3 passes. I haven't tried it but I have heard a few people say they were able to go in after booking all three and delete the two they didn't want. However even if you only book one , you can't use your other two at the same attraction.

Right now the only people who can book in advance are resort guests (60 days) and passholders (30 days). If your friend is staying onsite, they will be able to book in advance or you.

If you are day visitors, they will be able to book the upon arrival in the park. Your choices would be to
Book yours in advance and have them try to book for an overlapping time upon arrival
Have everybody book at the park.

The ride you are interested in and when you go will determine how successful you will be at same day booking.

Of course this is all based on how things are working now. Disney could decide to change it at any time.

HiHoKermitTheFrogHere
03-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know yet how the 30-day vs. 60-day FP+ advance booking window works for AP holders who have a WDW resort reservation? Can one link an AP with an upcoming resort reservation and, if so, will the system permit FP+ booking up to 60 days in advance?

VWL Mom
03-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know yet how the 30-day vs. 60-day FP+ advance booking window works for AP holders who have a WDW resort reservation? Can one link an AP with an upcoming resort reservation and, if so, will the system permit FP+ booking up to 60 days in advance?

Yes you can link your AP to resort reservation in MDE and you will qualify for the 60 day FP+. If you already have an MDE account with your AP in it just add the resort reservation confirmation number and you'll be all set.

iDisney
03-20-2014, 04:38 PM
One thing I have been wondering that I haven't seen answered anywhere (unless I've missed it) is whether or not AP holders are required to use the bands. Do they still give out the regular pass with the chip in it and give you a band, or is it only the band now?

VWL Mom
03-21-2014, 06:08 AM
According to the email you will still have your AP ticket. I would think they still will be distributing them since you will need it to make use of your discounts should you buy something.

Daisy'sMom
03-22-2014, 01:49 PM
We received our bands yesterday. Included was a pass holder discount card that you use to park and for discount use, obviously. We also received a slider for the band that says passholder 2014.

iDisney
03-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm getting an AP soon and was hoping that I would have the choice of using a wristband or just keeping a "ticket" in my wallet. I'd much prefer the ticket, as I can see myself not keeping the wristband handy at all times.

TracyL
03-24-2014, 04:17 PM
For now, you can use your AP instead of your MagicBand if you prefer. My bet is that next year you'll get a band and a discount card instead of an AP ticket. They've already phased out room keys in favor of the bands.

BTW, the batteries in the bands last a couple of years, and it is possible to re-use a band for multiple resort stays, although I'm not sure how you get Disney not to send you a new band every time. They haven't quite got the hang of all the edge conditions yet.

For sure, you should keep your AP, or at least that discount card that comes with the AP MagicBand, with you for now. The band doesn't cope particularly well with things like parking, discounts, and AP exclusive merchandise purchases, so for now, make sure you always have both the AP card/discount card and your ID with you.

nifty48
03-25-2014, 04:39 PM
We have a resort reservation for May. On March 10th we got an email telling us we could personalize our magic bands for our upcoming vacation. A few days later we received an email telling us to personalize our passholder magic bands. We went on My Disney Experience and ended up personalizing two sets of magic bands. We just received our passholder magic bands a few days ago. Today I got another email telling me my magic bands will soon be shipped. Does anyone know if I am going to get another set of magic bands for our upcoming resort stay? :confused: Our passes are connected to our resort reservations and our FP+ choices for our trip in May are showing up under our reservations. I really don’t need two sets of magic bands. I also have a set in my closet from our weekend stay this past December.

CanadianWDWFan
03-25-2014, 04:47 PM
We have a resort reservation for May. On March 10th we got an email telling us we could personalize our magic bands for our upcoming vacation. A few days later we received an email telling us to personalize our passholder magic bands. We went on My Disney Experience and ended up personalizing two sets of magic bands. We just received our passholder magic bands a few days ago. Today I got another email telling me my magic bands will soon be shipped. Does anyone know if I am going to get another set of magic bands for our upcoming resort stay? :confused: Our passes are connected to our resort reservations and our FP+ choices for our trip in May are showing up under our reservations. I really don’t need two sets of magic bands. I also have a set in my closet from our weekend stay this past December.
You will get two sets of bands. As you said, you have one set for your AP's and another set for your reservation. You will get a new set of bands for each reservation. This year I will get four sets of bands for on top of the set I got last December that my AP is linked to. I will have my AP set, followed by sets for three reservations. I have a split stay this summer but I still get two sets of bands. I have been told that if you do not want to receive additional sets of bands to not customize them. Refuse to take them when you check in and the CM will return them for reuse and reissue.

You can activate and deactivate your bands on MDE as required. You will be able to move your AP to which ever band you want to use.

azcavalier
03-26-2014, 02:35 PM
OK, here's one more AP question. We're probably going to buy APs this year as we get a great discount as DVC members, and we plan to hit WDW three different times in the next ten months. However, once we purchase the APs, when do they activate? Upon purchase? Or upon first use? If it's first use, how would we log on and use the FP+ system? We are planning on staying offsite, as we're only going to be there for three days this first trip. So, no Disney Resort Reservation, and no active AP. What then?

nifty48
03-27-2014, 02:58 PM
You will get two sets of bands. As you said, you have one set for your AP's and another set for your reservation. You will get a new set of bands for each reservation. This year I will get four sets of bands for on top of the set I got last December that my AP is linked to. I will have my AP set, followed by sets for three reservations. I have a split stay this summer but I still get two sets of bands. I have been told that if you do not want to receive additional sets of bands to not customize them. Refuse to take them when you check in and the CM will return them for reuse and reissue.

You can activate and deactivate your bands on MDE as required. You will be able to move your AP to which ever band you want to use.

Thanks CanadianWDWFan for the clarification. I guess we will have to keep the passholder slider on our passholder bands so we know which is which. Otherwise we might take the wrong bands with us when we go for a day. :(

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
OK, here's one more AP question. We're probably going to buy APs this year as we get a great discount as DVC members, and we plan to hit WDW three different times in the next ten months. However, once we purchase the APs, when do they activate? Upon purchase? Or upon first use? If it's first use, how would we log on and use the FP+ system? We are planning on staying offsite, as we're only going to be there for three days this first trip. So, no Disney Resort Reservation, and no active AP. What then?

First off, you got to LOVE the DVC discount on the AP's!:thumbsup:

The passes activate on first use. You will use the MDE as you would if you were staying onsite. We got our AP by upgrading our MYW passes at Guest Services so they linked our AP's for us. From what I understand you can link your AP voucher to your band of choice using MDE. You can then book your FP+ 60 days out as an AP holder

Thanks CanadianWDWFan for the clarification. I guess we will have to keep the passholder slider on our passholder bands so we know which is which. Otherwise we might take the wrong bands with us when we go for a day. :(
You can put different names on the bands. Maybe put your name followed by AP to help differentiate.

nifty48
03-27-2014, 03:59 PM
You can put different names on the bands. Maybe put your name followed by AP to help differentiate.

Thanks that's a great idea!:mickey: Unfortunately we already have our AP bands but maybe we could do something with the bands for our May weekend. They haven't been shipped yet.

Melanie
03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
I may have missed this being asked here as well, but I've seen mention that if you have multiple bands from multiple stays, and don't deactivate any of those bands, your AP and info will appear on them all? Is this true?

Because I was thinking it would be cool to match your outfit to your band. ;)

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2014, 04:25 PM
I may have missed this being asked here as well, but I've seen mention that if you have multiple bands from multiple stays, and don't deactivate any of those bands, your AP and info will appear on them all? Is this true?

Because I was thinking it would be cool to match your outfit to your band. ;)
I am not sure about having it linked to multiple bands at once. But I do know that you can change what band will have your AP on it at any time with MDE by activating then deactivating your bands as you want. So I guess you could be walking around the parks in style. :)

Right now I only have the one MB and my AP linked to it. Come the end of the year we will have our original band, AP bands and three resort reservation bands. For a grand total of five bands!! :faint: Seems a bit excessive but this is how the system works. :D

Melanie
03-27-2014, 04:46 PM
I am not sure about having it linked to multiple bands at once. But I do know that you can change what band will have your AP on it at any time with MDE by activating then deactivating your bands as you want. So I guess you could be walking around the parks in style. :)

Right now I only have the one MB and my AP linked to it. Come the end of the year we will have our original band, AP bands and three resort reservation bands. For a grand total of five bands!! :faint: Seems a bit excessive but this is how the system works. :D

Hmmm. Okay, so I guess leaving them activated won't be the answer? I swear, it's extremely confusing.

So you get a band for your AP as well? Wow. If that is the case, by year's end I'll have SIX bands. Crazy!

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2014, 05:24 PM
So you get a band for your AP as well? Wow. If that is the case, by year's end I'll have SIX bands. Crazy!
I checked DME a couple of weeks ago and I saw that I could customize my AP band.

After you customize it you can send it out for shipment to your shipping address on file. Problem for me is that I can't get it until I visit since they are not sent outside of the US.

nifty48
03-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Okay sorry but now I am totally confused. For our weekend in May do we need both Magic Bands, one for our room key and FP+ and our AP bands for entrance into the park. You did mention activating and deactivating bands in MDE but I’m not sure how that works. If I link the passes to my May stay will I then have to deactivate those bands after our weekend and will I have to reactivate/link my AP bands or are they still connected?:confused:

CanadianWDWFan
03-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Okay sorry but now I am totally confused. For our weekend in May do we need both Magic Bands, one for our room key and FP+ and our AP bands for entrance into the park. You did mention activating and deactivating bands in MDE but I’m not sure how that works. If I link the passes to my May stay will I then have to deactivate those bands after our weekend and will I have to reactivate/link my AP bands or are they still connected?:confused:
Confusion is a common word around the whole MagicBand world. On MDE if you look at your existing bands and pass you can see that you can activate and deactivate each one. I was told that only one band can be active at a time.

When you check into the resort tell the CM which band that you want to use and they can set it up for you. I am planning to use my existing band and the new one would be considered extra/replacement one. It was also explained to me that the only people able to replace the bands are from the resort you are staying at. Disney apparently does that for security reasons. We broke a band after we checked out and the CM at the parks told us that it should be done at our resort. Since we had checked out it wasn't an option. The CM explained that they at the parks could get a new one for a lost or stolen band.

azcavalier
04-17-2014, 09:33 PM
OK guys, here's an interesting one.

This needs to be prefaced with the information that we will be going to WDW in May for SWW, and that we will be staying offsite. So, no room reservation.

We went ahead and used our DVC discount to buy five Premium Annual Passes. Well, they didn't send us passes OR bands. They sent us five green cards with the words "Exchange Voucher" on the front. When I log on to My Disney Experience, the Annual Passes are there, and linked to each family member's account. But we wanted MagicBands to give to the kids (the trip is a surprise). So, I called and was told we have to take these vouchers to the park, exchange them for Annual Pass cards at the Service Counter prior to entering the park, then use the APs to enter the park, thereby activating the APs, and then and only then can we get MagicBands.

Say what???

However, my wife and I also got reservations for a short trip in October with a reservation at SSR, and for THAT trip, I can order two MagicBands right now off of the MDE site.

I'm scared to order these two MagicBands for fear of messing up my AP exchange vouchers.

Can anyone decode this for me?

yankeesfan123
04-17-2014, 10:15 PM
First, that AP process is the norm.

Second, you won't be "ordering" your MB for your SSR trip right now. Yes, you'll pick out colors/names, but your actual bands won't be shipped until a few weeks before your trip.

I don't see how having an AP can mess up anything. You'll go to the park, exchange your voucher for the pass, then connect the pass to your account.

Unless I'm missing something...

azcavalier
04-18-2014, 08:43 AM
First, that AP process is the norm.

I guess it's lost on me why they can't just send us the actual AP cards that we can activate when we enter the park. I mean, what's the point of sending us cards to exchange for cards? Or, for that matter, just send us the bands instead of cards, that activate the first time they're used. It seems like an overly complicated process.

Second, you won't be "ordering" your MB for your SSR trip right now. Yes, you'll pick out colors/names, but your actual bands won't be shipped until a few weeks before your trip.

I don't see how having an AP can mess up anything. You'll go to the park, exchange your voucher for the pass, then connect the pass to your account.

Ahh, see, I didn't know that they wouldn't ship them yet. I had pictured us getting those bands in a couple of weeks, thus already having bands tied to our APs BEFORE we use the exchange vouchers to get more APs...and then those cards not working because we already had MagicBands.