PDA

View Full Version : AP and Magic Bands question

kms1066heb
03-13-2014, 11:06 AM
I have a current AP and just received a notice that I can order my magic band. As I read the information on APs and Magic Bands, I'm a little confused. It seems that, while I can use the Magic Band for park entrances and FP+ activities, I still have to show my AP card for free parking, dining and shopping discounts, and other benefits. Am I understanding this correctly? Why should I get the magic band if I still have to show my AP card for all the other AP benefits and could still use the AP card for park entrances and FPs?

MyDisneyworld
04-16-2014, 01:06 PM
I was wondering how they were going to do the discounts but it seems you have to still carry the card around for that. Hopefully they will do something where you can just use the band.

CanadianWDWFan
04-16-2014, 02:07 PM
For any discount associated to your AP, your card must be shown. It would be nice if a quick scan of your band would work, but at this time your card is the only thing accepted. We use a lanyard for our cards but wear the bands.

VWL Mom
04-16-2014, 06:17 PM
We use a lanyard for our cards but wear the bands.

:ditto:

kms1066heb
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the information. :thumbsup:

Now that they are fixing the FP+ options, I hope they update their systems so that you don't have to carry the card while wearing the MB for the discounts also.