PDA

View Full Version : Tip I've never heard before!

TheVBs
03-13-2014, 07:38 AM
I was reading an article with tips on WDW trips, not expecting to learn anything new, but this one surprised me.

If your child’s too short to ride something—height requirements are on the guide map, and there are rulers before every queue entrance—ask the nearest cast member to give you a voucher that enables them to cut the line when they grow tall enough. For Splash Mountain, they’re dubbed a “Future Splash Mountaineer,” and on Space Mountain, they’re handed a “Mousetronaut Certificate.” Many other major rides have their own versions.

Mousemates
03-13-2014, 07:50 AM
you are not alone...I never heard of them either

Melanie
03-13-2014, 08:13 AM
Yes, great perk and it helps with some of the letdown the child feels when not quite measuring up.

Scar
03-13-2014, 08:49 AM
How many other family members get to accompany the child?

FutureEnjoyment
03-13-2014, 08:57 AM
How many other family members get to accompany the child?

It's not a fixed number kind of thing.
It is one of those times when "reasonable" becomes the rule.

Obviously, it would not include a traveling busload of guests (such as a tour group,) but a typical "family group" would be allowed to ride with the returning (now taller) child.

Melanie
03-13-2014, 08:59 AM
Yes, they let my family of 4 (the now tall enough member and 3 others) ride.

BrerGnat
03-13-2014, 09:27 AM
Yup, we got one of those for the (former) Mulholland Madness, a.k.a. Goody's Sky School coaster at DCA when we really thought our son was tall enough, but he didn't quite make it when we tried. The CM immediately whipped out one of these and gave it to us. It was good for up to four riders. It was a neat surprise because I had never heard of them doing that before.

disneymom15
03-13-2014, 10:07 AM
I had no idea about this either, what a great idea!

Bruegge
03-13-2014, 10:10 AM
news to me too...

Kenny1113
03-13-2014, 11:15 AM
We had recieved to pass for my son when he was too short. However we did not get to cut to the front of the line. They did date the card when he was talk enough to ride.

BrerGnat
03-13-2014, 12:39 PM
We had recieved to pass for my son when he was too short. However we did not get to cut to the front of the line. They did date the card when he was talk enough to ride.

It I supposed to be a fast pass. Ours said right on the front that it was a fastpass.

VacationDisney
03-13-2014, 01:24 PM
What a great idea:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
03-13-2014, 01:34 PM
....darn it .... missed out on that tip !! :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
03-13-2014, 02:37 PM
thats a good one, never heard of it before

AndrewJackson
03-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Now you have to scan the card and link it in MDE. :D. Good luck.

Scar
03-13-2014, 05:51 PM
Now you have to scan the card and link it in MDE. :D. Good luck.

... and Disney will know when your kid is tall enough and mail you a Pin Code.

Main Street Jim
03-15-2014, 10:03 PM
We've been giving those out for *years* - at least as far back as 2003, when I worked at Splash. Even in 2009-2010 when I worked at Space, I'd give those things out.

I'd do the same thing with the drivers' license at the Speedway. I'd personally date the license, and, when the child was tall enough to drive by themselves and came back to the park, I'd let them in through the handicapped entrance (only if I was working out front, though) (and since Speedway doesn't really have a "FastPass entrance).

WDWdriver
03-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Yep, it's true. As others have said it is not a "cut the line" pass, but we will admit the family (within reason) to the FastPass queue when they present the card along with the child who is now tall enough to ride. Unfortunately, we don't see many of these returns. I guess people forget about having the card or lose it in a drawer somewhere.

emerzmom
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
This is really a cute idea. Thanks for sharing.
:tink:
Julie

Terra
03-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Oh how cool! I wish I would have known that with oldest DS. Just this past week, at the doctor he finally measured 48". He has been counting down for over a year so he can finally ride Rock-n-Roller Coaster!

Now the questions is....who here is going to ride with him. Mom's a big wimp in her old age. And it seems like even with Dramamine I still get queasy :blush:

azcavalier
03-21-2014, 09:32 AM
I knew about it for Soarin', but didn't know it was standard for ALL rides. A few years back, our littlest one couldn't ride Soarin', and the CM gave her a special card with the words "Born to Soar!" printed on it, with the date issued. They told her that when she was big enough, to bring it back and the entire family could use it like a fast pass. So we stuck it on the fridge. I can't remember if it was the next year, or two years later, but we took it with us, and presented it at Soarin', and the CMs were so excited because they exclaimed that they never actually got those cards back! Most people lost them or kept them as souvenirs.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-21-2014, 09:49 AM
I just love this idea!!! Another example of a well-thought out detail that DIsney doesn't have to do, but DOES because it makes people happy! The Magic of Disney!!
:magic: :cloud9:

jclightchasr
03-22-2014, 11:08 AM
That's a new one for me as well, very cool!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-23-2014, 01:19 PM
This is a new one to me too! I wish I'd known earlier not only for my nephews but for everyone else I've told about kid swap etc. Now I know!

MrPeetrie
03-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Great tip, the VBs. What a great policy on Disney's part.

On our upcoming trip, our youngest son probably will be just short if qualifying for Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster and this will help lessen he disppointment.

Main Street Jim
03-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Oh how cool! I wish I would have known that with oldest DS. Just this past week, at the doctor he finally measured 48". He has been counting down for over a year so he can finally ride Rock-n-Roller Coaster!

Now the questions is....who here is going to ride with him. Mom's a big wimp in her old age. And it seems like even with Dramamine I still get queasy :blush:Terra, if we can meet up at the parks when we're there in September, I'll take ya up on that offer :P

DKA041177
03-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Cool!!! Thanks for the information!!

goofyluva9293
03-25-2014, 12:25 AM
We got one of these for my DD at TOT in the late 1990s (she is now 20, lol). When we went the next year she was tall enough and they took our family of 6 up a back staff/utility elevator straight to the ride. They also stamped her certificate and put it in one of the TOT folders that they put ride photos in. It is one of her favorite Disney souvenirs (and memories) to this day! :mickey: