PDA

View Full Version : stayed at 3 resorts this trip

Crow
03-12-2014, 10:24 PM
arrive March 2 at POR one time.suprised at the bathroom being bigger than some other resorts. the line for the boat to DD was long so opted for the bus, which was sorta a longer wait than I would have thought. took the boat back from DD later
asked Bell Services to transfer my luggage to Allstar sports which I reserved due to a good price (allstars isn't my first choice usually) it was overrun w High school gymnasts groups etc...they asked if I would be interested in movies instead with a $50 credit...uh yea...that's a no brainer. after getting luggage and waiting for a shuttle got a room in the Mighty Ducks section. it was ok, food court was busy at times. room didn't have a do not disturb sign and the faucet in the tub dripped. both of which were taken care of after I called.
buses had a wait. overall the parks were busier than I would have thought and standing room only buses many times
took a taxi to Dolphin the last night..lobby is nice. the room was ok, but backside view of the service area and the bathroom was smaller than the other resorts. I don't know if I would stay there unless a good price again and a better view. the location is great though. and there was a Mears desk so I reserved transportation to the airport

#1donaldfan
03-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Yeah, the line for the boat to DtD can get rather long and they do NOT fill the boat up, as they stop at the FQ for guests too. If you were at least in the area of the benches you would have probably beat the bus. The ride to DtD from POR on the bus is incredibly long for some reason. Gosh, I can't wait to get there in June !!:thumbsup:

texas211
03-15-2014, 08:31 PM
We've given up on the buses, and always rent a car and use it. Faster. Always have a seat. Do miss the convenience factor, and the in/out option. But, such is the WDW way.

Crow
03-17-2014, 02:49 AM
yea I was looking at cars..but not much under $200. a lot of standing room only on the buses but..

ilovemymac
03-30-2014, 12:52 PM
We stayed at the dolphin several years ago had a view of the lake where the boats come and go to epcot and MGM. I really like the lobby and while its theming is different then the disney owned resorts but i still liked it and for being a deluxe resort at the price we had id stay there again considering the rooms are not much more then a value resort. Plus your within walking distance to boardwalk and Epcot and short boat to MGM.
I know the rooms are smaller then some other deluxe resorts but the prices are much cheaper too.