PDA

View Full Version : best character and other dining for toddler

biggins
03-12-2014, 01:32 PM
I was hoping for some suggestions, which character dinings were your favorite with little ones? How is the once upon a time breakfast? I was thinking of taking my son there one morning.

faline
03-12-2014, 01:36 PM
I have traveled a couple of times with a little one in our party. Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and friends were meals we did with a toddler along. Both were hits.

I'm not sure how old your little one is but be aware that toddler preferences change quickly and an outgoing child might suddenly become shy when faced with large characters. We were concerned with this as the 2 year old we traveled with was really quite shy but he loved the characters - at least the ones in full costume. Face characters (including Santa Claus), he wanted nothing to do with!

MW1218
03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
If your son is into Disney Junior, you can see Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, Jake & the Neverland Pirates and Handy Manny at breakfast or lunch at Hollywood & Vine in the Studios.

I believe Stitch and friends are at Ohana for breakfast, and you can't go wrong with Crystal Palace if he's a Pooh fan.

Ltmoko
03-21-2014, 11:57 AM
I agree, H&V and Crystal Palace are great, our favs for kids!

AgentC
03-21-2014, 12:25 PM
It's only open for dinner know but the Garden Grill is one of my favorites to start children with because the restaurant is smaller and quieter than most of the others. It has Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale. If you are uncertain how your child is going to react to characters plus noise, this is a good one to start.

As far as favorites, my kids love breakfast at Ohana (Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, Stitch). It is family style so you don't have to worry about getting up to get food.

Chef Mickey's is also a big favorite with my kids though not one of my personal favorites. They love the characters and all the colors. I find it overpriced and loud but we still do it every now and then for them.

Crystal Palace is great. My kids were not huge into Pooh but they still enjoy the meal there.

Really any of the meals will work. I would pick the character you are most interested in and then see which location that has them works best for you.

lawgirl
03-21-2014, 05:48 PM
We have done Garden Grill the past few times with my 3.5 YO son, and he has always loved it. It is probably my favorite character meal, and we have always enjoyed the food and the location is awesome.

We also have done Ohana brunch which both my 1.5 YO and 3.5 YO loved. My littlest was scared of Stich and Lilo, but loved seeing Pluto and Mickey. The food is so good too!

We did Chef Mickey's for dinner, and I thought it was way overpriced. It was fun, but the place felt a little dingy, and the food was mediocre buffet food. Although the dessert table was awesome. And my son was alot more interested in the monorail than the characters.

I would like to try Donald's character brunch at AK sometime.

With our son, Sanaa was a really nice option for dinner. He loved being able to see zebra out the window while we were eating. And he loved the decor.

lawgirl
03-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Oh and how can I forget T-Rex in DD. My son went nuts. It was so cool. It was a little crazy inside...very hectic and noisy. But our server was great, and the food wasn't too bad. My son loved it. He played in the dino dig site for over an hour.

And also San Angel Inn at the Mexico pavillion. My son still talks about the "volcano" restaurant. It's definitely one of my favorites too. It seems like we always see Donald near the fountain there.