PDA

View Full Version : FP+ and Standby Lines

disneynarula
03-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Is it true that FP+ is creating longer standby line at attractions that did not have FP before?

We are going in September and are sort of used to shorter lines and not really needing to use FastPass very often.

VacationDisney
03-11-2014, 06:11 PM
We did notice longer wait lines this past December. I think this will be the norm as Disney moves forward with the new FP+ :(

Rides that in the past we were able to walk right onto this time it was not the case. We are going this September and hope the experience is much better than it was in December.

My band was NOT working for the FP+ option:mad: My husbands was working for FP, and after calling the IT people on 2 different days to fix my band, finally gave up waiting on the phone for help when we wanted to be at the parks:mad:

NewmanFamily6
03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
It wasn't my experience in January but that could be because it is the off season. My only gripe with the FP+ is that park hopping really becomes a bust and rides that do not need a FP are now a choice. Really, when was the last time anyone needed a FP for Living with the Land?

yankeesfan123
03-11-2014, 07:06 PM
It wasn't my experience in January but that could be because it is the off season. My only gripe with the FP+ is that park hopping really becomes a bust and rides that do not need a FP are now a choice. Really, when was the last time anyone needed a FP for Living with the Land?

Depending on how you use your FP+ selections, park hopping could really be benefited from the system.

As to your actual question about lines, while I have not experienced anything yet, I've heard mixed stories.

Some say lines are the same.

Some say lines are longer.

Some say lines look longer, but aren't.

Some say standby times are posted a lot longer than they actually are.

Good luck!

Bruegge
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Some say standby times are posted a lot longer than they actually are.

Good luck!

According to Touring plans ... if you can believe them... posted times are almost always higher..

AndrewJackson
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
According to Touring plans ... if you can believe them... posted times are almost always higher..

As well as personal experience. Prior to FP+, posted times for standby lines were almost always longer than the actual time it took. I will be there in 10 days to see if it still the same after FP+.

faline
03-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Yes, I often see posted times that are longer than the actual waits. However, I can often "eyeball" a line and know from experience that the posted wait time appears to inaccurately reflect a shorter wait than one would experience in the line. In cases like this, I usually bypass the ride and try again later.

Aurora
03-11-2014, 10:53 PM
Brother was there about six weeks ago and experienced both waits that were significantly shorter and ones that were longer than posted wait times. Crowds were pretty high, so that may have been a factor.

Davy Crockett
03-13-2014, 02:22 PM

This phenomenon has been reported all across the web as well as here. Some sites say that Disney will increase wait times by as much as 20 to 30 minutes from actual (even when you see riders wearing the red badge lanyards in the queuing lines).

I joined in with other who hold the belief that Disney has learned through time studies what a visitor is willing to endure and when park crowd levels hit certain milestones they invoke these "add on's" to the wait times on high traffic rides (Peter Pan, Toy Story, Soarin, Etc) to keep those who may not be determined to ride that ride moving to another less ridden attraction or destination.

When actually in the park I rely more on "LIVE" ride wait times from Touring Plans phone ap to help me decide if posted is truly accurate and worth waiting for.

KAJUNKING
03-13-2014, 02:26 PM

Well i think this give people like us who are in the know an advantage. How many people who dont know any better are going to use up their fastpass plus selections on stuff like living with the land :secret:

Wells
03-14-2014, 10:51 AM
Well i think this give people like us who are in the know an advantage. How many people who dont know any better are going to use up their fastpass plus selections on stuff like living with the land :secret:

Yeah well,
The FP+ "tiered" ride selections dosen't really give you much of a choice. You, generally speaking, will end up holding a FP for an attraction which you know from experience does not really require one.

Bruegge
03-14-2014, 11:22 AM

Yea, we need to start a blog telling people to skip Soarin' and get a fast pass for Figment "...LOL