PDA

View Full Version : Quest for snacks!

Scallywag
03-10-2014, 06:26 PM
I am planning on seeking out and destroying several infamous snacks / deserts that have somehow eluded me over the years.
( I will diet / work out for 6 months prior to our trip - to somehow justify the avalanche of treats I plan on consuming )
Skip the Mickey bars and Rice Crispy treats - they are all good, but always available. I'm looking for the not so well known gems.
Here's my list so far...

Carrot Cake Cookie @ Writers Shop
Waffle Sandwich @ Sleepy Hollow
Dough Bar @ Cooks of Dublin
Napoleans @ France Bakery

Stuff like that. I'm looking forward to your suggestions. I would like to keep it to parks and Down Town Disney. I'm not going to be resort hopping.
Thanks!

Melanie
03-10-2014, 06:31 PM
My favorite breakfast/brunch time treat at WDW is a fruit tart. My absolute favorite is from Starring Rolls at Hollywood Studios, but you can get them at different places at the resort.

VWL Mom
03-10-2014, 06:33 PM
You already have a nice list going, my favorites are the Carrot Cookie and the Waffle..yum. Don't know if you've tried the Karmel Kuchen in Germany but the have a nice assortment of treats.

BrerGnat
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Karamel Kuche in the Germany pavilion. OMG...so much good stuff. Take your pick once you arrive!

I also always get Egg Rolls either from the cart in Adventureland or from the China pavilion QS.

The ice cream at the new L'Artisan des Glacés in France is AMAZING. They also offer ice cream sandwiches, made in the style of macarons or using a sweet brioche bun which is then briefly pressed in a panini grill! That is on my to do list for next time!

chefmickey3
03-10-2014, 09:19 PM
School bread in Norway or any of the treats that appeal to you. The bakery in Norway is not to be missed!

Guinevere
03-10-2014, 10:12 PM
I personally enjoyed many pastries in the bakery in France, however on my last trip I have a wonderful huge chocolate peanut butter cupcake in HS at Starring Roles Cafe. I will be returning there for sure!!:eat:

Bruegge
03-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Not a big dessert guy.... but I loved the Bread pudding at O'hana's... I realize it's not a "snack" but man.... was it good

Disneyfun
03-11-2014, 04:11 AM
The ice cream sandwich at L'Artisan des Glaces with hazelnut ice cream is spectacular.

Another one that we never miss is the strawberry cup cake at the Boardwalk Inn bakery. It doesn't sound like it would be too special, but they have this creme that they dice strawberries into and then inject it into the center of the cupcake! It is sooooo yummy!

#1donaldfan
03-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Cooks of Dublin have the deep fried snicker bar......crazy good !!:thumbsup:

disneynarula
03-11-2014, 12:57 PM
My favorite is School Bread from the Norway Bakery. I had one in the "real" Norway this summer. It was the same. Yummy!

Scallywag
03-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Karamel Kuche in the Germany pavilion. OMG...so much good stuff. Take your pick once you arrive!

I also always get Egg Rolls either from the cart in Adventureland or from the China pavilion QS.

The ice cream at the new L'Artisan des Glacés in France is AMAZING. They also offer ice cream sandwiches, made in the style of macarons or using a sweet brioche bun which is then briefly pressed in a panini grill! That is on my to do list for next time!

OOH! That ice cream sandwich thing sounds good...Thanks.:tasty:

Scallywag
03-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Not a big dessert guy.... but I loved the Bread pudding at O'hana's... I realize it's not a "snack" but man.... was it good

We are eating @ Ohana's , so this is on my list.

Scallywag
03-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Cooks of Dublin have the deep fried snicker bar......crazy good !!:thumbsup:

This is already #1 on my Hit list!:thumbsup:

mechanic
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Wow. So much yummy stuff. I'm starting my own must try list.

Dapena
03-11-2014, 05:31 PM
I hear many people bragging about the Tonga Toast at Kona. May be more a meal than a snack though.

My family favorite are the cinnamon rolls at Main Street Bakery.