PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper chairs--which resorts?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
03-10-2014, 02:55 PM
Last I knew, the DVC resorts that had the sleeper chairs in the one and two-bedroom units were BLT, AKV and OKW. I assume that the Grand Floridian rooms also have this. Can anyone let me know if there have been any more resorts which have added the sleeper chairs? Thanks so much!! :thumbsup:

Through the looking Glass
01-14-2015, 04:09 PM
bump

VWL Mom
01-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Sleeper chairs are still only in BLT, AKL and OKW. VGF has a pull out bunk as do the VWL studios and the new Poly studios.

Checkers
01-14-2015, 09:02 PM
Didn't I hear somewhere (maybe I'm dreaming) that sleeper chairs were going to be added in the BCVs & BWVs when they are renovated?:fingers:

VWL Mom
01-15-2015, 07:19 AM
Didn't I hear somewhere (maybe I'm dreaming) that sleeper chairs were going to be added in the BCVs & BWVs when they are renovated?:fingers:

While the original rumor was the sleeper chair the trend seems to be leaning towards the bunk that folds out of the tv armoire. If they follow suit with the VWL rehab, they were only added to the studios which makes no sense IMO.

faline
01-15-2015, 07:48 AM
Personally, I don't like those fold out of the TV stand bunks at all. I understand the need for additional sleeping space for families, however, if this is anything like the studio at the Grand Floridian, I found that the addition of this bed essentially eliminated storage space for clothing. The elimination of space for storage seems to be the case with the new studios at the Polynesian as well - at least what I can tell from the video tour I've seen. The only concession to storage that the Poly studio seems to have made is to have a flip open table - sort of like a trunk by the couch. When I go on vacation, I like to unpack my clothes and not have to live out of my suitcase. And, if I can't find space for my clothing when I'm only traveling with one other adult, I'm not at all sure where families will put their clothing!!