PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa at Kidani Village

MrPeetrie
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
If we're staying at Coronado Springs, are we allowed to make dining reservations at Sanaa? We are not DVC Members.

Mickey'sGirl
03-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Absolutely. I am sure you will not be disappointed with your meal there, either! :thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you, Mickey'sGirl. We saw it on Jeff Mauro's Magical Vacation on the Food Network and really wanted to try it.

DizneyRox
03-10-2014, 03:36 PM
We own at AKLV and never ate there. No real reason why, it looks nice and all. We did eat at Jiko and it was fantastic...

Mickey'sGirl
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Thank you, Mickey'sGirl. We saw it on Jeff Mauro's Magical Vacation on the Food Network and really wanted to try it.My son still talks about the Coho salmon he had the first time we went. I had a vegetarian sampler with some awesome paneer. Really tasty food.

faline
03-10-2014, 05:52 PM
You can eat at any of the resort restaurants regardless of where you are staying. The only place that has a restriction (and it's not a restaurant) is Top of the World at Bay Lake Tower.

steph436
03-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Sanaa has become an annual dinner event for us! My DH and DS (10) absolutely LOVE this restaurant. :cloud9:

disneynarula
03-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Anyone can eat there. It's one of our favorites.

MrPeetrie
03-12-2014, 05:40 PM
In a related question: does the Disney Transportation stop at Kidani Village? Or is there just one bus stop and we need to walk from lobby?

faline
03-12-2014, 05:59 PM
In a related question: does the Disney Transportation stop at Kidani Village? Or is there just one bus stop and we need to walk from lobby?

Buses make two stops at Animal Kingdom - one stop at Jambo House and one at Kidani Village though the walk between the two is certainly not very long.

MrPeetrie
03-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Thank you, Faline.

DKA041177
03-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Sanaa is awesome!!!!!! I was a little worried because our family is picky. But we were very pleased.

drosenbe
03-19-2014, 09:10 AM
We, in general, enjoy disney dining, but are we the only ones who were not impressed with Sanaa?

My wife and I went there, based on all of the rave reviews.

While it was good, it was not great Indian food. we had the bread service (which was tasty) and then butter chicken and the beef dish. Both were sort of bland for our tastes and missing something. We have some very good Indian restaurants near us, so maybe we are spoiled.

Or, maybe we just went on an off night.

Again, the atmosphere is good, and the food is not bad at all..but we wouldn't take our family there as an Indian experience at WDW. We'll stick with Jiko (our favorite!)

seanyred
03-19-2014, 09:41 AM
If you go expecting Indian food I could see how you would be disappointed. Especially since it is supposed to be a mix of African and Indian. We had lamb and pork chops and both were very good. If you like your food to have more spice tell your server, they tend to make things more bland to appeal to a wider audience.

PlutoPlanet
03-20-2014, 12:12 PM
We, in general, enjoy disney dining, but are we the only ones who were not impressed with Sanaa?

My wife and I went there, based on all of the rave reviews.

While it was good, it was not great Indian food. we had the bread service (which was tasty) and then butter chicken and the beef dish. Both were sort of bland for our tastes and missing something. We have some very good Indian restaurants near us, so maybe we are spoiled.

Or, maybe we just went on an off night.

Again, the atmosphere is good, and the food is not bad at all..but we wouldn't take our family there as an Indian experience at WDW. We'll stick with Jiko (our favorite!)

Agreed.

ThanxForNoticin
03-20-2014, 12:50 PM
As often as we can when traveling to Disney, we like to eat someplace we have not yet experienced before. And that works well for us. But Sanaa has actually become one of the stops that we make just about every trip - we love the food, the service, and the atmosphere. Well worth the trip over to AKL for you.