PDA

View Full Version : More Pop vs. ASMusic questions

Tinkerkel
03-10-2014, 12:17 PM
It seems that most prefer Pop to ASMusic. However, I've read some reviews stating that beds are rock hard at Pop - I know it's not the Hilton, but we gotta rest :sheep: Other reviews have mentioned not having a refrigerator in the room at ASMusic. Are the beds any different than at ASMovies? Is it common to not have a refrigerator? December 2012 was the first time we've not had to "pay extra" for one. Thanks so much for your help :mickey:

brownie
03-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Disney was replacing all the refrigerators. I thought they were close to done if not done with it. I would think you'd have a refrigerator in the room.

etibbetts
03-10-2014, 12:35 PM
I've stayed at Pop a few times and I thought the beds were fine. They were not as soft as the moderate beds, but they were not rock hard in my opinion. I slept great there.

Speedy1998
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I think most people prefer POP because it was built 5 years after the All Star resorts were finished.

I have noticed that Disney learned from there experince with the All Star resorts and incorporated changes to address problems/ complaints to POP. For example the dining area in POP is much bigger than in the AS resorts.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-10-2014, 01:22 PM
We prefer the All Stars...stayed at Movies last time

VacationDisney
03-10-2014, 02:15 PM
We have never really noticed the mattresses being that hard at POP. We always get a good nights sleep when we stay there:cloud9:

JerseyDad
03-10-2014, 11:56 PM
.....I'd bet big bucks that all the value bed mattresses are the same.

Arielfan98
03-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure about Pop but I know ASMusic has had recent renovations and I saw them import new mattresses. Second, I didn't have a fridge when I stayed there this past August, however that was the first time I didn't have one and it was due to fridge replacements. As of now I would imagine they'd be done replacing them.

BelleBeauty
03-11-2014, 02:16 PM
To us the big factor has always been bus system. POP has dedicated buses and the AllStars share (depending on time of year). Other than that, I think the differences are really theme and age of the resort.

Moderates are definitely an upgrade in beds.

MargaretMessler
03-11-2014, 07:12 PM
I've stayed at both, I don't find a difference in the beds.

The food court area at Pop is larger, which if you're travelling at a busier time or eat at common dining hours, might be an advantage.

The buses, that's a big one. I agree with a PP about the nuisance of shared buses at certain times for the AS Resorts. I usually have a car and drive to the parks, but when I have taken buses, Pop has the edge hands down.

I didn't have a fridge last year at the AS Movies, but I think I heard all fridge replacement was supposed to be done resort wide by this year.

Pop is newer, but I am guessing that also means the AS Resorts have had more recent renovations and refurbs.