PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Saving Time? Arrgghhhhh......

Middle of the Map
03-09-2014, 11:15 AM
I've heard all the arguments for keeping DST in place, and I can't think of one I like.

If it made any difference at all in my life, it would be tolerable. But I see no benefit to changing my clocks back and forth.

Is there anyone else who is irritated beyond belief by the twice-yearly time change tango that our government forces on us?

:mad::mad::mad:

Melanie
03-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Yes. It's stupid. End of story.

d_m_n_n
03-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Why do they even bother? You set your clocks back and two weeks later it's time to change again (ok...I'm exaggerating a little). And throw an asd kid in the works and it makes it even more fun.

Set the clocks and leave em alone!!!:thedolls:

BrerGnat
03-09-2014, 01:31 PM
This completely messes with my circadian rhythm. I am really sensitive to changes like this and I HATE going through this twice a year. It's bad enough when I travel across time zones.

joonyer
03-09-2014, 02:24 PM
There's really not much point in it, but they should give it a more accurate name, like Daylight "Shifting" Time. It doesn't save or create any more daylight.

DisneyMP3Maker
03-09-2014, 02:36 PM
It's not just the US that does it. There are a bunch of countries that do.

But, I guess if you are fed up with it, just move to one of the states that doesn't observe it. Living near Aulani sounds like a good idea :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I agree. Can we just leave the clock alone?

Please. :)

disney obsessed
03-09-2014, 09:58 PM
I am going to play devils advocate. One of my favorite things in summer is daylight until nearly 10pm!

princessgirls
03-10-2014, 09:54 AM
I Love the extra light in the evening.
It's been a L O N G winter here in the North East, and I feel like the days are cut in half with it getting dark early.

Julie:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
03-10-2014, 10:49 AM
:exactly:
I Love the extra light in the evening.
It's been a L O N G winter here in the North East, and I feel like the days are cut in half with it getting dark early.

Julie:mickey:

:exactly:

2Epcot
03-10-2014, 11:12 PM
I hate it! I grew up in Arizona where we never changed our clocks. I've now been in California 14 years, and I still miss the days when I didn't have to change the clocks twice a year. I do like the longer light, this is my favorite time of year.

garymacd
03-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I can't say I ever saw it as a problem!

I actually saw it as an event to look forward to: missing church because we all slept in, the coming of spring and summer, more usable daylight hours in the evening, more time to play before Dad started yelling for us to come home when the street lights came on, an extra hour of sleep in the fall a shorter night shift, if you happened to work that night.

minnie04
03-13-2014, 03:20 PM
I just go with it. I do have to say I love when it gets darker earlier only because it means the Holidays are coming. It’s also nice in the summer to stay lighter longer for the kids to be outside...Plus right now the clock on the office wall says 2:20pm and it’s really 3:20pm so I feel like I’m getting out of here faster…lol :mickey:

emerzmom
03-14-2014, 05:54 PM
I was visiting Arizona last week for a little vacation. We woke up Sunday morning thinking the time had changed and spent quite a while trying to figure out why our cell and other devices had not changed time. Finally we Googled it and found out Arizona does not participate in this silly time change.
Once we figured it out we had a whole extra hour (sort of) of vacation!
:tink:
Julie

1DisneyNut
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM
It is stupid to change time back and forth. It would be nice to do away with it and stay put on one time.

brad192
03-16-2014, 03:08 PM
It could be worse.

China has only 1 time zone for the ENTIRE country! Talk about messing with your circadian rhythm!

Living on the extreme western side of the Eastern zone, I absolutely love having it stay light until 10PM in the summer. More time for :beer: on my patio!

1DisneyNut
03-16-2014, 10:36 PM
It could be worse.

China has only 1 time zone for the ENTIRE country! Talk about messing with your circadian rhythm!

Living on the extreme western side of the Eastern zone, I absolutely love having it stay light until 10PM in the summer. More time for :beer: on my patio!

I think that would be great......cuts down on a lot of confusion. Actually, I think the entire world should use GMT. What difference does it make if you go to bed at 2100, 9:00, 1100 or whatever?.....It is just a number that represents the current time.