PDA

View Full Version : DHS questions

tinksmom02
03-09-2014, 10:54 AM
We're planning to do Typhoon Lagoon one day and then *probably* head over to DHS to do a couple of rides. We've never done TL and I'm not even sure where it is, but I know we'll have to leave TL, go to a resort, and get on that resort's bus to DHS. Any travel recommendations?

Also, IF we're doing the day this way, I will have a bag full of wet towels & suits that I will NOT want to carry around. I know lockers are available at DHS (to the right after you get in?); do I need cash for them, or will they take credit cards or Magic Bands?

TIA! :mickey:

Main Street Jim
03-09-2014, 01:27 PM
We're planning to do Typhoon Lagoon one day and then *probably* head over to DHS to do a couple of rides. We've never done TL and I'm not even sure where it is, but I know we'll have to leave TL, go to a resort, and get on that resort's bus to DHS. Any travel recommendations?

Also, IF we're doing the day this way, I will have a bag full of wet towels & suits that I will NOT want to carry around. I know lockers are available at DHS (to the right after you get in?); do I need cash for them, or will they take credit cards or Magic Bands?

TIA! :mickey:Typhoon Lagoon is right across the street from Downtown Disney Westside (DisneyQuest/La Nouba).

You pay for the locker at a counter, so, yes, they will take credit cards.

From Typhoon to DHS: *Probably* best to head to the Boardwalk Resort. Then, you can either catch a boat from there to Studios, or, even take the scenic walkway. It's about a ten-minute walk from BW to DHS.

tinksmom02
03-09-2014, 01:51 PM
Typhoon Lagoon is right across the street from Downtown Disney Westside (DisneyQuest/La Nouba).

You pay for the locker at a counter, so, yes, they will take credit cards.

From Typhoon to DHS: *Probably* best to head to the Boardwalk Resort. Then, you can either catch a boat from there to Studios, or, even take the scenic walkway. It's about a ten-minute walk from BW to DHS.

Thanks, Jim! I was thinking Boardwalk was the way to go. They'll take credit cards; does anyone know if MB will be accepted for lockers?

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-10-2014, 10:35 AM
I will have a bag full of wet towels & suits that I will NOT want to carry around. :mickey:

Wet towels? We are planning to go to TL for the first time on our next trip. I figured they would have towels there. Do we need to bring our own?

tinksmom02
03-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Wet towels? We are planning to go to TL for the first time on our next trip. I figured they would have towels there. Do we need to bring our own?

I was under the impression that you had to bring towels to the water parks. I was planning on bringing some from the resort, not my own from home, but I was planning on returning them when we were done. If this assumption is wrong, someone please tell me! That might change my answer all together!

Kenny1113
03-10-2014, 12:10 PM
It's been a couple of years- but they have towels for rent. I think it is $1 or $2.

etibbetts
03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
We always bring towels from the hotel and then leave them in the towel return at Typhoon Lagoon.

tinksmom02
03-10-2014, 05:09 PM
We always bring towels from the hotel and then leave them in the towel return at Typhoon Lagoon.

If a towel return is available, then I would only need a small bag for our wet suits and wouldn't have to rent a locker at all. Thanks for the tip!